Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Epilogue

Epilogue:

Z
A
Y                                      Good-bye
D                              
I
E




I stood on the beach, with the cold waves crashing against my bare feet. It was just starting to dawn in the simulation, and even though it was a simulation, it was still just as beautiful.
I gazed up at my star and Kylun's. Letting out a sigh, things from the past month passed through my mind.

Kylun had helped pick out a new President for Konsor, and old friend of his apparently.
Valadamir was on death row. Kylun says he's glad he'll be dead. But I see a small part of him that still cares for his twin. [their twins apparently! I kind of guess though haha]

No more harpies have shown their faces. Though now the security is extra high. And not only in the city, but in the Areas as well! So that's nice.
Savrin has gone back to Area 2 to burry his dad that just passed away.

I remember him coming in my room crying.
"He's dead Zaydie. I can't believe my dad's dead." He kept saying.
For a long time we just sat there and cried. I was finally able to take off the necklace with the single credit that Mr. Dralzon had given me so many years ago. I had given it to Savrin, and now he wears it all the time.
Never takes it off.
I think he's happy he has that memory of his dad. I know I would be.

I pulled my blanket closer as the wind picked up a little.
Hands wrapped around my shoulders.
I didn't freak out like I would have at the beginning of this long adventure, seeing as I already knew who it was.
We just stood there for a long time, not wanting the moment to end when the sun came up.
I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't sure why, but I felt... uneasy.

"It's time Zaydie." Kylun said gently. That would be why the feeling was there.
"Your leaving? Like actually leaving?" I asked.
He grunted a yes.
"do you know if you'll come back?"
"when I come back." He corrected. He moved around and stood in front of me.
I searched his silver-red eyes for an answer.
"I don't know when, but I'll come back."
I must have not looked convinced.
"That's a promise!" He said with a playful smile.
I took a breath and smiled back. I nodded.
"Ok. I'll hold you to that."
This made him laugh a little.
He slipped his hand into his high collar and pulled out his medallion.
He slipped it over my head and moved my hair.
"You have ridiculously long hair!" He remarked.
I laughed.
"Well I've never cut it."
"Never?!" he asked in shock as he messed with it.
"My mom might have once. But nope. I haven't had it cut sense then." He nodded. "Why are you going?" My eyes started to get moist.
He shrugged. "I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Creator want's to show me something."
I took a shaky breath and dropped my gaze. Trying to keep myself together.
"Hey, I'm leaving, I'm not gone." He said gently, lifting my chin up. "You'll always have my heart. No matter how far I am."
I nodded. "I know. Just as you have mine. But it'll just be..."
"Hard."
I nodded again and wiped the back of my hand across my eyes.
"Just remember, you never know what could be hiding in the shadows." He stated with a sly grin as he dropped his hands.
"Oh yeah. That's suppose to be comforting.... how?" I remarked sarcastically.
That made him laugh again.
"Yeah well, it's something right?" I nodded as the tears fell.
"Hey, I'm still counting on you to keep your promise to me."
"Which one?"
He smiled and moved some hair out of my face.
"The one you made to me before I died."
oh that one. "Don't ever stop living Zaydie. Your much to full of life to stop living. Ok? Don't mope around and wait for me."
"I don't mope." He cut me off with a look. I sighed. "Alright.... I'll try."
"There is not try. It's just do. Promise?"
"Promise."
He smiled and wiped a tear  off my face.
"Good-bye Zaydie." He then walked away, towards the sea.
The tears ran hard as I ran forward and wrapped my arms around his stomach.
"I'll be waiting.... for you... if you come here... you'll find me... I promise."
I whispered.
"Then I'll come and find you. Even if I have to search every beach. I'll do it." He turned around and pulled me into a hug.
"Don't forget me ok? I swear I won't forget you." He muttered into my hair.
I laughed and squeezed harder.
"How could I forget you Kylun? we're intertwined. From now on, our destinies are the same. So I swear that I won't ever forget you." I answered.
"Thanks."
I let go and took several steps back in the cool sand. Clutching his medallion against my chest.
He turned slightly and gave me a two fingered salute.
"See you around Kana." I laughed a little as he smiled at me.
Through the tears I watched the sunrise. And Kylun started to turn see-through!
Parts of him faded before others.
He ran into the ocean head-on and dove before a large wave swallowed him up, and carrying out of my sight.
I took a shaky breath and looked up at the two fading stars.
"I won't ever forget you Kylun... that's a promise!"



                                                                       The End

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I kept on thinking you were going to kill someone off! Thank goodness you didn't :D
    ...although Kylun is gone...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that's kind of what I wanted you to think. so I'm glad it worked! :D
    I would never kill Kylun off so you will just have to wait and see :D hehe.

    ReplyDelete