Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chapter: 19

Z                                            Chapter: 19
A
Y                                                     Time to know
D                                                               and time to let go
I
E




Kylun had taken me back into the simulation chamber, and we then stood facing each other in a small clearing in middle of a dense forest.
Why do I have the feeling that I’m about to get a lecture?

“Give me the book.” Kylun ordered. I handed it over with out taking my eyes off him.
He took it and shoved it in his own pouch.
“did you read any of it?”
I shook my head, which seemed to shock him slightly.
“Why not?”
“Because... It was a last resort. I didn’t want to read it till either you gave me permission to do so, or you wouldn’t tell me anything.” I rubbed my arm and tapped my toe nervously.
He looked shocked, I sighed and dropped my hands.
“I didn’t want read it because it felt like going behind your back.” I confessed.
It was the truth! I realized it then that that was the reason why I hadn’t brought myself to read it yet.

Kylun sighed and shook his head. Sending his black hair into his eyes.
“Zaydie.” He said quietly in a pleading tone. I was confused but didn’t say anything.
“Your attached to me aren’t you?”
I was shocked by his sudden question that I didn’t know the answer to... at least I didn’t think I had the answer to.
“No... well yes... maybe, but just the same as everyone else.” I answered.
He shot me a look.
“what?”
I didn’t know!
I’ve always worn my heart on my sleeve, so technically speaking, I got attached to everyone that I liked.
Liked.... oh bother!

I shook my head.
“What does my becoming your friend have to do with anything?” I asked. Trying to change the subject.
“It would be different if you were just a friend.” Kylun started. “But you’ve gotten too close Zaydie.”
What?
He gave me a sad look.
“I can’t do that! I can’t... let you in!” He said taking several steps back.
“Kylun I don’t understand.” I confessed.
“There’s more darkness in my heart then you know. It’s not just Havrin. There’s a lot about me you don’t know. That you can’t know.”
I shook my head and took a step forward.
“But that’s where your wrong.
Do you remember when Sav and I had to give you more Power?”
Kylun nodded. “yeah. Your’s were so bright. I could only see shadows of darkness.”
“We saw yours too...” I said quietly. Kylun groaned.
“But there was light!” I remembered. “it might have been small, but it was there! and so long as it’s there, it doesn’t matter how much darkness there is, it just matters that you hold on to that shred of light.”
“But that’s where your wrong!” Kylun shouted, shaking my shoulders.
“That light didn’t use to be there. But now that it is, I can see what the Creator has done for me, and I can also tell right from wrong. and I know that holding on to you would be...”
don’t say it.
“Wrong.” My spirits dropped as he let go of me.
Kylun took a step away.
I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as the wind started to play with it. Moving it out in front of my face.
“So let me get this strait.” I started. “I can’t be more then a friend because there’s something dark about you, and this has to do with me... how?”
Kylun groaned again.
“Because! your too close!”
“To what?!”
“Me!!”
I froze.
What did he mean by that?
“I’ve kept the dark locked up for my whole life by being emotionally removed from the world.
Then you came along and almost blew everything!”
My jaw dropped. Was he seriously blaming it all on me?!
“Oh so now it’s my fault?! well sorry if you lived a little!”
I took a deep breath and turned away. The wind got stronger and tugged with my skirt.
“But I’m glad you did.”
I turned back and saw that Kylun was looking up at the sun.
“Now I can say that I’ve seen the light. That I’ve been happy.” The memory of all of us laughing in the grass came to mind.
“We work great together even though your my complete opposite.”
a small smile found it’s way onto my lips.
“But Zaydie,” he turned to look at me. The wind blew his hair completely off his forehead and out of his eyes.
“you gotta let me go.”

It was like someone had just taken a sledge hammer to my chest. I couldn’t breath. it hurt to much.
“Your attached. And though I don’t know how much, you still don’t know who I am.
You don’t know what I am Zaydie.
So just let me go and save yourself the heart break.
I’m a monster that doesn’t need to haunt you.”
He turned his back to me. The wind played with his jacket.
“But Kylun... your a boy. One who just lost his way a little.
Your not a monster.”
I said quietly taking a step forward.
“If only you knew Zaydie. But you don’t.
Forget me alright. You’ll be better off that way.”
I shook my head.
“I’ll never forget you Kylun! We made a promise!” I said with more determination in my voice then I felt at the moment.
“I’ll...” the words to ‘My Freedom’ came to mind. “I’ll walk with you through the night. Though I can’t help much. The Creator holds your key to freedom. And through him, you’ll be free from any darkness that has their chains around you! “ I clutched his jacket sleeve to keep him from walking off.
He looked down at me with a sad face.
“It’s not that easy-”
“Yes it is! why is it that everyone makes things out to be so much harder then they actually are?! All you have to do is believe Kylun! that’s it! The Creator isn’t going to forget you or leave you to fend for yourself. That I can promise you!”
He sighed.
“I don’t think you get it Zaydie.
I’m a monster. One look from Havrin and you should have figured that out!”
“Yeah, I guess I did. But I didn’t see a monster! I saw a boy locked up in his own mind. And I know that I’m stickin’ around to see him set free. You’re not getting rid of me that easily.”
“Zaydie. You sure are one surprising girl. But I’m glad I’ve got a friend like you.”
I cocked an eyebrow and placed my hands on my hips.
“A friend eh?” I asked. “I thought that’s what Savrin was for.” I laughed as I saw the shear shock on his face.
“See ya!” I then had the simulation take me back to reality.
Well now that that’s settled.

“Good job Zaydie. Keep him on the right path. You’ll need him.”
I smiled.
“Alright Creator, alright.”

No comments:

Post a Comment