Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chapter 10

S                                          Chapter: 10
A
V                                                     A team....right
R
I
N


Kylun crossed his arms and looked at the both of us.
"Yeah I'm his twin. I'm surprised it took you that long to figure it out." Now that enraged me, but Zaydie seemed to have the cool head.
"But that doesn't explain why your eyes are red. What happened to you?" She asked in that small meek sounding voice.
"Nothing happened to me! I was born this way!" Kylun yelled. "Have you ever heard of the Presidential Curse?"
We both shook our heads. "Well neither did I till people started to freak out when I looked someone in the eye. That's when dad shipped me off to the military training base. Sindo was injected into me, my eye color changed, and soon I was training day and night.
My parents never talked to me. They didn't check in, nothing.
I then finished my training, and went home.
But that's when I found that mom had died, dad has disappeared, no idea where he is. I then found out that my little brother Valad, had taken the throne. I confronted my brother, but he ordered me executed!" Kylun's hands went to his head and he started to pull at his hair.
Zaydie stepped forward and pulled his hand down gently. Speaking in soothing tones.
Kylun then started to do something us guys never do. Especially in front of girls.
He sunk down to his knees, and so did Zaydie. [she always was the one to comfort anybody] And he started to cry.
Not the loud sobbing kind, but just silent tears.
Zaydie pulled his hands down, and slipped her own in his. She gave them a tight squeeze.
"Calm down Kylun. Just calm down. Take deep breath." Zaydie said quietly.
She glanced at me with a concerned look.
"You don't know what it's like to have your whole family ripped away from you, and have your own brother kill you." Kylun said. He turned his eyes to Zaydie who didn't even flinch.
"Your right. I don't know what it's like to have my brother try to kill me, but I was ripped away from my family." Pain surged through my mind. So many bad memories. Ones I wish to forget. "But that's why we have the Creator to hold onto. That's one of the many reasons he's there. He loves us all so much he had us humans kill him so we wouldn't be lonely. So that when we died we could walk into Paradise instead of being doomed to eternal damnation. He's not going to leave us behind, he'll never forsake us, he'll never forget us.
He's always there for us! He'll never ever leave. He'll just keep on picking us up from the ground when we fall." Zaydie said quietly.
Both Kylun and I just stared at her.
"What?" She raised her eyebrows. "It's the truth!"
"Yeah. It is. It's just... just weird to hear someone say it out loud." I answered.
"But look. The Creator chose us. What he was thinking when he did, I have absolutely no idea!" We all chuckled. "But we can't stay down in our own pits of despair and mope. If we hang on to the Creator for dear life, we'll get through this. All of us!"
I was shocked by her sudden ferocity. And I could tell so was Kylun. It was very much out of her character to be ferocious.
But she had her moments.

After the moment passed, she jumped up.
"Ok guys! I'm eager to get going. I want to know what you guys can do, and what I can do to control this insane Power of mine." she shouted. She then ran a little ways from us and did a cartwheel down the hill followed by a flip at the end to land on her feet.
"So lets get this show on the road!" She shouted. "We have adventures to share, jobs to do, a planet to save. And most importantly!" She jutted her finger up into the air like she was giving some kind of important speech. "Lives to live out for the Creator! So let's do this!" At the end she pulled down her hand and pumped her fist. And stared us guys right in the eye.
I gave a sideways glance at Kylun who was doing the same.
"I think she's lost it." He said in a quiet voice.
I laughed.
"Alright Zaydie! I'm with ya!" I shouted down to her.
A look of triumph was on her face as she placed her fists on her hips.

So that's what we did.
For days and days we trained ourselves, the draw back was not all of us had all of our powers.
Zaydie had gone ahead and researched some things, and so now, while Kylun and I were fighting [each other yes.] She sat on the grass with mounds of books all around her. While she chomped on an apple. Lucky.

"Hey guys! Pause or 'T' or something because you have to see this!" She called.
"If you can't see we're kind of busy." Kylun said in between me beating his butt.
"It's about the Marks! Now get your butts over here!" She hollered. We jumped away from each other and floated down to the ground.
"Our lady beckons for us." Kylun said in a sophisticated tone. "We better not make her wait."
I laughed.
"Yeah 'cause if we do we'll pay for it." I muttered.
"That we will."

We both squatted down next to Zaydie and she picked up an old book.
"See here? It says that this has happened before. But only once, and again it was three kids that were our age. They were from all over the planet, and met up supposedly by chance. Which it wasn't chance obviously, our circumstances are no different. I mean how could any human or fate or what ever pull all of this off right? I mean come on think about it! Valadamir couldn't have known that Kylun was still alive, or that he just happened to hire two of the Chosen!
But anyway!" Zaydie has been full of energy these past few days. Even though she hasn't been able to get very far with her Powers. In fact all she's done so far is hit the books!
"Well here it says that the Three before us, Genesis, Mikaiela, and Aarek, have similar Powers then we have.
In fact Mikaiela has the same one I do! and it gives a tip about how to make it work! ooh I can't wait to try this!" She was rambling. But I was happy to listen. If she had found a trick to how she can control her Powers better then by all means she should use it.
"Well that's not what I wanted to tell you about. I found out that these marks we have, are called the Marks of the Deity.
The Deity being the Creator of course. But anyway so when these Three were given their Marks, they had to save Dresher from getting destroyed... again." [Did we mention that Dresher is our planet? No? oh, well now you know.]  "So they had to go on a quest to save it. Now I am not exactly sure if this will apply to what we will have to do, but it might help.
Here it says that all three of them had only three Powers. They had their limitations though but that's to be expected. But it says to be mindful of that so you will know your own limits, and know not to go past them.
It also says that we have to keep close to the Creator or,..." She looked up at the two of us. "We'll surly die."
How's that for putting things into perspective?

After that Zaydie jumped up and handed me the book.
"See? Right here is the tip on how to control the Power to move things. Also known as Controlium.”
“No duh! could have never figured that out.” Kylun said with a sarcastic look. Zaydie gave him a playful head slap.
“who came up with a name like that?!” he continued.
“Oh probably Genesis or Aarek.” She answered with a laugh. Kylun glared at her.
I glanced down, and looked at the part that Zaydie was talking about.
“Well it says to think of someone close to you...” I tried to find the right words.
“Someone dear, someone you love in other words.” Kylun cut in.
Zaydie nodded and moved off a little ways. As a precaution, Kylun raised a force shield. [Kylun’s force shield’s are pretty self explanatory he can make a barrier in any shape or form, but it can’t be in small quantities. But it doesn’t break so long as he’s breathing.]

Zaydie closed her eyes for a moment, probably bringing up a memory. She then opened her eyes and reached out her hand at a book.
At first nothing happened, then the book started to rise a little unsteadily. But as it raised higher and higher with Zaydie’s hand guiding it, the steadier it became.
“She’s doing it. She’s actually doing it!” Kylun shouted. He stood up and gave a hoot. I shocked myself in following his suit.
Zaydie then pulled the book, and dropped it in her own hand.
She turned to us and jumped up and down excitedly.
“I did it! Can you believe it?! I did it!!”
Once Kylun dropped the shield, I ran up to her, picked her up and spun her around. [Zaydie says to remind you that it was a very brotherly gesture. haha]
Setting her back on the ground she took my hands skipped around in a circle.
“I did it, I did it.” She chanted. Then she let go and fell to her knees. “Oh thank you Creator!” She shouted. I noticed a tear slide down her cheek though she was still laughing. “Thank you.” she whispered. I second that!
No more loose cannons, and close calls for me! [ouch! girl you really gotta stop hitting me!]
“I wonder what my third Power is... hmm...”
“Ugh... you’ll find that out soon enough, now lets put what we’ve learned into practice. Kylun, can you make a simulation that’ll force us to not only use our Shievan training, but also our new found Powers?” I asked turning to Kylun who had been standing awkwardly behind us.
“Sure thing.” He swiped out his handy dandy tablet and started to type away at it.
“Let’s have a little fun huh?” Zaydie asked.
“Exactly.”
She laughed.
“We’re one wild team aren’t we?”
“Team?” Both of us guys said at the same time.
“Well yeah. We’re a team. The three of us. Seeing as we’re now going to have to save the world I think we deserve the title ‘team’ don’t you?”  We both nodded, but still we were rather shocked by the sudden notion.
Oh well, better get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment