Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chapter: 24

S                                             Chapter: 24
A
V                                                      We meet the Puppeteer
R
I
N





Ok so Kylun's not dead, that's great. And they finally kissed! gosh I thought they never would.
I'm serious, I'm real happy for them.
But had Quorra been able to get that remote programmed yet?

"Quorra, what's up?" I called, standing up. I glanced over my shoulder. Kylun was watching Zaydie sleep. When she had fallen over like that I freaked. But after such a powerful healing, that was getting off easy.
I walked over to Valadamir who had witnessed everything. I took Ryota and bashed him upside the head, knocking him out.
"I'm trying to figure out the kill code right now. But these things take time." Quorra responded. She sounded stressed.
"We might not have time." I said gloomily.

"ah... I see you have done me a favor." I jerked and looked around.
The dark sky prevented me from seeing much.
I gripped Ryota harder as I braced myself.
"Who are you?" I called out. I heard a cackle. Oh dear.
I sensed Zaydie run up next to me. Wow, that was quick.
Kylun came up on my other side. I glanced at the two of them.
"Are you sure you should be moving around?"
They both shot me a look.
"I'm fine." They said in unison.
I shook my head. "Iyiyi." I muttered.

We all turned into a circle with our back to each other.
"It may seem a little cleché, but I can be two things, a blessing. Or a nightmare. Choose wisely."
We all glanced at each other.
"Uh-huh." Zaydie stated in a clear 'I'm-definitely-not-convinced' way.
"Well it's true. Zaydie your worse nightmare is to loose your friends."
Coming from someone we couldn't see, it shocked Zaydie.
"Or should I be more specific, you don't want to loose him." Zaydie and I both turned and we found Kylun suspended in mid-air. His feet and hands were stretched out, and bound by... blue stuff.
We looked down and found a man with silver hair and a black robe that had a silver zipper down the front. Along with some weird tassel thing at the base of his collar.
"Well seeing as I gave something real important to bring him back the first time he died. Yeah!"
Zaydie was mad.
Real mad.

But that's when the silver-haired dude twisted his fist.
A sudden force had me locked. I couldn't move. Ryota disappeared, so at least he couldn't take it.
"Good. Your angry. Very good. Only with anger will you be of any good to me or to the rest of the Fallen. " The Fallen?
Zaydie froze.
"What do you mean by 'any good to me'?" She asked.
"No! Zaydie don't even-" Kylun suddenly shouted out in pain. I watched as Kylun went into spasms.
But what was even weirder, and freakier, was that Zaydie screamed and fell to her knees as well.
"Aw... my poor child." The man bent down on one knee. "It would seem that the two of you are far more connected then I thought."
Zaydie looked up at him through the tears that ran down her cheeks.
"So, all of you have a choice." he turned to look at Kylun and I.
"You," he turned to Kylun. "Can save the only girl you've ever loved, but you will have to work for me and the others. And in order to do that, all you have to do is let the anger and loneliness you've felt for so many years, loose.
All you," he turned to me. The spasms stopped for Kylun, though he wasn't able to support his weight, he hung from his bonds, trying to breathe.
Zaydie was on all fours panting.
"have to do is give yourself over and the two of them go free. Or them and that cute girl up stairs will be enduring some major pain for a long time."
A million thoughts passed through my head.
But before I could say anything, he turned to Zaydie.
Which made both of us boys tense.
"And you my dear. Can same them all. By doing the exact same thing.
Or they both die."
Zaydie's breathing had eased a little though she still looked in pain.
"I will."
She gasped and looked up.
Kylun's head hung. He avoided eye contact.
"Don't. You. Dare." Zaydie ordered through gritted teeth.
She turned to the Puppeteer.
"You know, I feel sorry for you." A look of confusion crossed his face. "You grow in the dark. Lost and confused. You can't see up from down, wrong from right. Your so lost that you have to take everything with you into the darkness in order to control it.
You cringe in the sunshine.
You don't know the strength that the Creator gives you. That your friends give you." A look of determination was on her face.
But the Puppeteer’s grew cold.
Twisting his fist again, Kylun yelled as pain shot through his body.
Zaydie shook her head but the pain was clear on her face.
"Almost have it guys!" Quorra yelled over the com.
"But you know?" Zaydie pushed herself to her feet. " I have friends. Ones that I trust with my life... ones that will always be my friends no matter what they do." She cringed as another wave of pain came.
I wanted to do something! But I couldn't even move! [talk about useless]
Zaydie called Takara and she appeared in sword form.
The Puppeteer rose to his feet and shook his head.
"Wrong answer." All three of us cried out. Incredible pain washed over out bodies.
Through the tears I saw Zaydie still standing, her lips moved rapidly.
"you know what to do!"
Tasin said in my head.
I glanced around. Focusing on my hands, I used all my strength to will them to move.
They did.
In a flash I was beside Zaydie. She had Takara in both hands. Kylun teleported to us and had a very determined look on his face.
"You will never win." The Puppeteer shouted. Zaydie started to form a spinning wall of wind around all of us. To prevent him from running.
"That's where you have it wrong." Kylun answered.
"If we have the Creator on our side-"
"no one can stand against us." Zaydie finished with a hard look.
Ryota appeared in my hands, and Shiro in Kylun's.
The Puppeteer brought out two round disks, with spikes on the rims. [and they were huge by the way]

Kylun made the first move by surrounding the Puppeteer in a bubble of water. But he quickly broke through that and ran at us head on.
We all scattered and Zaydie made the ring of wind higher and wider. Giving us more fighting ground.
Kylun and I met the Puppeteer head on and held him back.
Zaydie snuck around behind him and slashed down at his back.
He growled and spun around giving  Zaydie new cuts on her face.
That made both Kylun and I mad, and we dove at him again.
This went on for a good while.
No one seemed to be winning, yet no one seemed to be loosing either.

Zaydie jumped between us.
"I can't hold out any longer. I haven't fully recovered yet and all that electricity he shot through.... well Kylun I guess, didn't help." She said.
I nodded.
"wait if it went through me then how did it get to you?" Kylun asked.
Zaydie shook her head.
"Remind me to tell you latter. Let's use these Powers the Creator has given us." She suggested.
We nodded and pointed our weapons at the Puppeteer.
Giving it all we had.
Zaydie's wind created a vortex that started to suck him in. Kylun drenched him, which made him vulnerable to electricity.
Out of no where rocks started to spin up around him and pelt him like crazy.
"We'll meet again. Mark my words." Then he disappeared through a black door.

We all sighed, and collapsed on the ground.
The wind wall disappeared and Quorra landed in front of us on an air board.
"Well it's nice of you to leave me a little." She stated. slinging one of her pistols over her shoulder.
We laughed.
Quorra ran over,  making her guns disappear, and we all gave a group hug on our knees.
Then Quorra flung her arms around my neck and squeezed real tight.
I could hear her crying into my shoulder. After a moment's hesitation, I hugged her back.
"I thought I'd never see you again." She whispered.
I smiled and squeezed her tight.
She felt so small! [Hey! I'm just sayin'! It was a passing thought]
"Can't get rid of me that easy." I whispered back.
She sniffed and pulled away a little, thought not enough to break my hold around her waist.
"Good! Because I'm not ready to let you go yet!"
I laughed.
"Good to hear."
She then turned around and leaned against me and sighed. I leaned back on my hands and looked up as the grey clouds cleared and you could actually see the blue skies again.
Feelings started that day. Lots of them!
I don't know what they might lead to, but I know that with the Creator as my guide, and my friends by my side, I'll face what ever life throws at me, headstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment