Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chapter 8

S                                  Chapter: 8
A
V                                        How hard is it to keep your head down?!
R
I
N


While Zaydie was off gallivanting with some stranger [not that I knew that at the time. And Zaydie says she wasn't gallivanting, but don't listen to her, she can't see past her nose. Ow!]
I was working.

It's not easy trying to cover for you partner when you have no idea where she is, and when you have a President who likes to get his nose into everyone's business.

The President had decided to pick out a book for something in the library.
So now he was scanning shelf after shelf for something specific.

"Where is Zaydie?" He asked. The one thing I didn't like about this dude, was the fact that he talked in such a bored tone!
It drove me mad!
he showed expression on his face [which was always a sly grin that gives me the creeps] but never in his tone.
Today he wore a black suit [with out the tie] and a pair of pointy uncomfortable looking dress shoes.
His black hair was always slicked to the back and looked like it was plastered there, all except a few strands that hung in his black eyes.

 "She split something on her shirt so she went to clean up." I lied.
Man she was going to get it!
"Ah. Well I believe she is waiting for us in the throne room."
Obviously I was confused.
How in the Creator's world would he know that?!

Valad pulled a book off the shelf and started to walk off.
Keeping two paces behind him, I followed.

Heading back to the throne room I kept a watchful eye. The mansion was full of life, business, and noises.
Servents ran around with various duties to perform.
Several even ran around with bird cages! [what the heck their doing with that? I have no idea!]
Valad marched up the large stairs and threw the two large doors open.

Inside, Zaydie was staring out the glass roof. Her hands clasped behind her back, she was swaying back and forth gracefully, humming an old lullaby.
Her long brown hair was pulled into a side pony tail [as she calls it]
and her face looked clean of both dirt, and confusing emotions.

She turned her head and watched us approach her.
"I apologize for being late sir." she said in her usual quiet and calm voice.
"I heard you spilt something. Did it come out alright?"
She glanced at me and I gave her a slight head nod.
"Oh yes it did. Thank you." She answered with a smile.
Valadamir nodded and walked over to a table [that wasn't there before] positioned underneath a window. The table was covered with a white silk cloth, and when the President got there, he gave it a yank and it floated off and into the floor. [Very dramatic looking]
On the small table where several objects that I had no idea what or who they were for.

"Each of you are required to wear one of these." The President started. He picked up a leather band and handed it to me. I looked it over and saw there was several different buttons on the band. He also handed me an ear piece. It was black with a blue light streak that ran down the middle, going back and forth, moving left to right.
"You slip it on your wrist. It's a contact device, so you two can talk to each other over great distances."
Valad handed an ear piece to Zaydie, along with a tall glove.
She took off her one glove that was on her left hand already and slipped the new one on.
It fit her arm nicely I guess. There was buttons a little above the wrist. But what made the glove stand out [besides the fact that it went half way up her arm] was that it had a silver band at the wrist and then one at the end.

The President showed us how it worked then moved on to the next thing on the table.
"This is a utilities belt, it'll hold anything you can manage to cram in there." Zaydie and I smiled as we excepted the belts.
Buckling the belt around my waist, I watched Zaydie clip hers on. There was three large pouches. They were attached to a separate leather strip that came down from the belt it's self. [then went back up obviously so it was attached] But on the belt strap were various loops and smaller pouches.
Even though Zaydie's outfit was a little more fancy then her old uniform, the belt still looked good. [Zaydie that was a complement! and just so you know, my own belt was the same]
"This is all very nice Mr. President-"
"Valadamir." The President interrupted. Zaydie nodded and continued.
"But why are you giving these to us?"
Good question.
We both looked at him intently.
He simply put his hands in his pockets and looked up at the glass roof.
"There are some people... that need to be taken care of."
Zaydie and I glanced at each other.
What's going on?
"They don't believe that I have the ball-" Zaydie interrupted him with a clear of her throat.
Valadamir looked at me with slight confusion.
"She doesn't like that kind of language." I answered in a whisper.
"Oh... they don't think I have the guts to do some of the things I have to do." He corrected.
"So... where do we com in?" She ventured to ask.
"Well you see, bodyguards were necessary seeing as my last one failed me miserably, but I need a team who can do things I have not the training,... or reputation to do."
Zaydie was confused.
I was confused.
"So I hired you two."
Keeping the shock from my face was hard. And it wasn't just me.
"you are being sent on a mission." The President clarified.
"Where to sir?" Zaydie questioned.
"And why?" I put in.
Valadamir didn't answer us right away.
He walked up the dais and sat down on the throne. He sighed and rested his chin on his hand.
"I will answer your questions when the time comes. You are dismissed." He said with a wave of two fingers.
Zaydie and I made a quick bow and marched out.

Zaydie stomped off in a bad mood. Her left hand gripping her urica.
I sighed and walked as silently as a shadow, after her.
She wound her way through hall after hall.
I think she was just walking.
Not really sure where she was going.
She finally opened a random door and shut it behind her.
I hesitated at the door.
I heard yelling and angered groans soon after.
"Oh. so that's what she's doing." I muttered.
"Creator please watch over her and keep her close. Don't let her go, and pick her up if she falls... and please do the same with me." I prayed quietly.

I turned around and started to walk away. But I didn't get to far when I heard a crash of something breaking.
I turned around and dashed back to the door.
"Zaydie?"
There was no answer. I knocked on the door, but again no answer.
I started to hear something. It sounded like... a strong wind. But there as something off about it.
I tried the handle and attempted to open it.
Only it was like someone was leaning against it. The wind was getting stronger.
I threw my shoulder against the door and it gave way.
Stumbling inside I saw something that didn't make any sense.
There was a wind in the room.
Even though the windows were closed.
But in the wind, all sorts of things were spinning around the room. [the paintings, the flowers, vases, ect.]
But... they all spun around... Zaydie.

Zaydie at the moment was freaking me out!
She stood in the middle of the room, her hands were out by her sides, palms to me. But her eyes... I couldn't see a trace of the misty-grey that Sindo had put there.
They were pure green again.
Just like they use to be.

"Zaydie!" If she heard me she didn't respond.
I closed the door behind me and stepped forward.
Ducking under a painting, I moved ahead slowly.

It was a slow process to get to Zaydie, but after so many close calls with the flowers.
I stood in front of Zaydie, not sure what to do next.
"Zaydie?" She didn't respond. At least not at first. "Zaydie!" I took a hold of her shoulders and gave her a shake.
"Why were you following me?"
she said suddenly. Turning her new green eyes at me.
"Why can't you leave me alone?"
"Because I promised I would take care of you." I answered.
"You promised who?" She asked in a serious voice.
"...your father."
That seemed to hit her.
A tear formed in the corner of her eye.
"My... father?"
I nodded.
Suddenly it seemed like she was thrust forward by some unseen person. I took a step back in surprise.
She arched her back and gazed up at the roof.
I looked around as all of the floating items moved back to where they had been originally. [even the broken vase fixed it's self and went onto the table it had fallen off]

When everything was back in it's place. Zaydie's eyes went back to their normal silver color.
Zaydie then collapsed.
I dashed forward and caught her before she hit the floor.
She gasped several times, but finally drew in a full breath.
"Oh Savrin. What have I done?" She asked.
Her grip tightened on my jacket, and she buried her head into my chest.
I heard her cry for a moment. I pulled her close and held her tight.
It was all I could do.

She finally stopped crying and she lifted her head.
"I'm sorry." she said quietly.
"For what?"
"For making your promise so difficult."
I smiled. That was the truth!
"Are you calmed down now?"
She took a deep breath and let go of my jacket.
Wiping her face, she nodded.
"Good." I took a hard grip on her shoulders. "Now your going to tell me-"
She suddenly threw her arms around my neck and held on tight.
"Ok. I will tell you." She whispered. "but there are camera's everywhere except one place."
"Ok. And where would that be...?" I ventured to ask.
"In the door to the left." I glanced around and found the door. It lead to the bathroom.
"You've got to be kidding me." I whispered back in her ear.
"don't worry, I have an idea." She answered my unsaid question, a sly grin ran across her face.
Uh-oh.

Zaydie's plan actually was pretty good.
She went ahead into the bathroom and shut the door.
Soon I heard the toilet flush, and the sink water started to run.
Then there was yet another crash. [she really does like breaking things]
I walked up to the door and knocked.
"Zaydie? you ok?"
"Um... I seemed to have cut myself." She answered.
"I'm coming in." I warned. Opening the door and stepping into the room.
Carefully closing it after me, I found Zaydie sitting on the sink counter, swinging her feet back and forth.
"Alright, you got me in here now explain things." I guess that sounded harsh, but can you blame me?

Her feet stopped moving.
"do you really believe I went into a coma?" She asked.
"No." I answered honestly. I really didn't believe that she had ever gone into an a coma.
"Why not?"
"Because my mom died by the same fever. But she never went into an a coma, she just slipped away one night."
A sad smile came onto Zaydie's face.
"your smart Sav, and quiet right. The a coma story was a cover up." She started. "do you remember the day when you gave me this?" she held out her arm and showed me a leather cord wrapped around her wrist with a wooden bead in the middle.
How could I forget that?!
“yeah.” I answered.
“Well... that was the day I got this.” She reached up to her shirt and started to unbutton the top.
I honestly was scared out of my wits! I was! I really was!
I had no idea what she was doing, and she was freaking me out!

It turned out that she only undid two.
She pulled down the right side of the shirt a little, and that’s when I saw the tattoo.

Zaydie says she’s already described it so I’m not going to do it again.

“That night my fever went higher then my fever went higher then any doctor had seen.
Then sometime in middle of the night, my dad told me I was washed in a bright white light.
As my dad sat there watching in pure horror, a Creature of from Paradise came to him and said something like, ‘she won’t be harmed. She has been chosen for a great mission, one that’ll take her farther then you could imagine.’ Then it went on and gave instructions to my dad.” She took a deep breath before continuing on.
“Well from then on, I’ve had to be extra careful. I had to keep this mark hidden, and more importantly... my powers.” She paused as she buttoned up her shirt.
“What powers do you have?” I asked. “Well besides the-the floating stuff.” I added.
“That one I haven’t been able to master yet but there’s another one. Though I have a feeling that more will show up.”
She jumped down from the counter and walked up to me. She clutched her hands together in a fist, and held them close to her stomach.
Slowly lowering them, and opening them a little I saw a bead of blue light hovering above her palm.
“I can create light. Well... yeah I guess that’s the easiest explanation.” She said quietly.
I let out a slow sigh.
She closed her hand and dropped them at her side.
“You don’t seemed freaked out by all this. Why?” She asked.
I looked at her silver-green eyes.
yeah. She deserved to know.
I gripped my left glove and pulled it off.
Zaydie looked down and gently turned my arm over. There, on my forearm was the same exact mark that was on Zaydie’s chest. Only in the middle, instead of a sleeping rose, it was three linked rings.

“How?” She asked looking back at me.
“It happened right after my mom died.” I shoved my glove back on. “I prayed day and night for the Creator to put meaning and purpose to my life again.
And... he answered through one of his Creatures. The Spirit told me that the Creator has answered my prayers and that I was chosen to help ‘the other two’  and together we’re suppose to save the whole planet from some mass destruction.”
“That’s what the Spirit said to me! only... with out the ‘other two’ part... but if there’s the two of us... then who’s the...”
“Third person.” I finished.
That’s yet another good question Zaydie.

No comments:

Post a Comment