Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chapter: 20

S                                     Chapter: 20
A
V                                                 Now we’re getting somewhere!
R
I
N



When Zaydie came back out of that simulation room, I knew something had changed.... though I wasn’t sure what exactly.
But I did know that Zaydie wasn’t the same girl she was when she walked in.

We all pilled back into the living room.
Zaydie immediately walked over to a shadow in the corner.
“your still part of the Three Chosen one’s, and this team so start acting like it.” She said, pulling Kylun out of the shadows and pushing him onto the couch.
She plopped herself down on the floor, using the bottom of the couch as a backrest.
The rest of us sat down anywhere and everywhere.

“Ok so we know that Valadamir is planning something big. Duh. That’s a no brainer.
And I think I know what par to f it is.
Valadamir is doing something to Sindo. Modifying it somehow.
Modifying it in a way that’ll probably brain wash us all that are Shievan, and making us-”
“Walking zombies on the loose! Ah! oh gosh now there’s a scary thought!” Quorra jumped in.
Zaydie nodded.
“Yeah. Now seeing as we can’t take Sindo out of us, we just have to destroy what ever modifiers Valadamir is doing. But the thing is to find them and then shut them down.”
“Leave that to me!” Quorra shouted. Jumping up she ran off into the computer room.
We all followed her, and watched as she started to tap rapidly away at the keys. Typing in seemingly meaningless numbers and symbols.
“Wait, your a hacker?!” I asked.
“Psh! if you know how to build things up, you gotta know how to take ‘em down!” she answered.
“I’m hacking into all computers in the mansion right now. They should be coming up on holoscreens... now.” We turned as six or so holoscreens came up. “Huh, not as many as I thought. Oh well. Just start looking through them while I hack into Valadamir’s personal computer.” Quorra instructed.
“Yes ma’am.” I said, marching off to a screen. She laughed.
“You just keep saying that Sav. You just keep saying that.”

Soon all six of us were scanning through one computer after another. Looking for anything suspicious that might tell us what’s going on.
So far... only a few false alarms.

Zaydie sighed and moved away from the screen she had been working on.
“I’m so stiff.” She complained. And to loosen up, she jumped in the air and did several flips over our heads.
Landing on the far side of Brin, she swept her hair over her shoulder with a dramatic flick of her wrist.
She then let out a contented sigh and gave us a thumbs up. Then burst out laughing.
“What?” Quorra asked, turning around. Zaydie just pointed. I glanced around and found that Kylun had leaned back to get me out of his view so he could see Zaydie. Then looking farther down the line, I saw that Braxlin was doing the same.
“Brax, sorry bud but she’s way to young for you.” Quorra stated with a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.
Braxlin’s eyes got huge in horror.
“It’s not like that! And besides, those two were looking just as much as I was.”
“That’s not true!” Kylun and I shouted.
Quorra shook her head.
“Yeah because I’m going to believe you three.” she remarked, walking back to the main screen.

I risked a glance at Zaydie, she was still smiling, yet shaking her head.
“You boys are crazy.” she muttered.
I saw Brin lean over and whisper something which made Zaydie nod and pat her skirt.
She then walked back to her screen and went back to work.
“What was that about?” I asked.
“Rule number one.” She stated. Yeah ‘cause I know what that means!
Quorra turned.
“Never go anywhere with out a knife.”
I looked from Zaydie to Quorra.
“That’s my girls.” Brin said with a wink.
The sisters nodded. While I shook my head.
“Alright people back to work!” Braxlin called out.
“No need.” Quorra said, twirling a pen between her thumb and forefinger. “I’m in, and I think I found it.”
We all trampled each other getting to Quorra.

“Ok I was able to hack my way past the heavy, and I do mean heavy firewalls, which let me access-”
“We don’t need to know how you did it, just what you found.” Kylun cut in a little impatiently. But that didn’t stop Quorra.
She turned to her computer screen. When she pulled up a file, we all just stared.
Once we figured out what we were looking at, we all reacted differently.
Zaydie gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Brin shook her head, Brax crossed his arms and studied it more.
Kylun rammed his fist onto the table, and I hung my head.
Creator, your going to have to be the lamp here to show us what to do next. I prayed.
“Pretty bad huh?” Quorra asked.
“That’s an understatement.” I said. She looked up at me with a worried look and nodded.
Oh boy...

“The design is extremely complex. I’ve never seen anything like this before!” Quorra exclaimed. I would tell you what this bad boy looked like if I could.... alright fine!

The thing was a room, a white paneled room. [though ten times bigger then a simulation chamber]
The room was hexagon shaped, with a pillar in each of the six sides. Save one that stood in middle of the room.

Quorra got rid of the holoscreens already up, and brought the blue prints up on one large one.
“This pillar here,” she pulled her fingers apart, zooming up on the pillar in the middle of the room. “Is the one that controls the whole contraption. Like a remote.
Now here,” she zoomed up even closer. Showing a slit in the smooth pillar. “is where Sindo will be placed. Inside,” she made a sweeping motion and the slick casing of the pillar moved away. Showing the inner mechanisms.
“Sindo will be modified and then once it is, the main pillar will activate the others, which will scan the modified Sindo, then produce energy and fly out over the entire city.” She double tapped, and the room spun, and the screen changed to the scene of Konsor. A beam of light came out in the middle of the city and a shield looking thing fell over top of the entire city. “Changing all the Sindo molecules in every Shiev in Konsor.” She finished.

We were all quiet for a long while.
“Well that’s just great!” Kylun stated. “I can’t go anywhere now. Not with this thing on the loose.”
“Wait, your going somewhere?” Zaydie questioned.
He ignored her. Oh boy, here we go again.
“Where are you going?”
“Far away.” He mumbled. I couldn’t figure out his expression.
“What’s that suppose to mean?”
I shook my head.
“Ok you two lovebirds! Work out your little problem latter.” I shouted.
Kylun and Zaydie were both shocked at first. But they got over it.
“Why I aught-a.” Zaydie’s threatened. Shoving a fist into my face.
“I’m sure you will at one point in the not so distant future. But right now, turn all of your focus,” I pushed her hand down and turned her to the screen. “on that. Both of you.” I said over my shoulder.
Zaydie let out a forced sigh. She crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one foot.
“So does it have an off switch?” She asked hotly.
Quorra continued to do various hand motions.
We were soon looking at the main pillar’s insides again. “There’s a missing part. See?” She pointed to a specific empty area near the outer part of the pillar.
“I think, that once the part is programmed with the kill code, and inserted, it’ll shut down all seven of them.”  He hologram demonstrated. “And you all should be safe.” She finished looking back at us.
“But the only draw backs are-”
“Where’s this room, and the missing piece?” I finished. She nodded and we all stared at the screen.
“Lets work on that tomorrow. Then we can all get a fresh start.” Zaydie said in a soft motherly tone. We all nodded and shut everything down.

                                                  ++++

It was probably around midnight when I gave up on trying to fall asleep.
I rolled off the couch and grouped around in the dark kitchen till I found the light switch.
Flipping it on I jumped when I found Kylun sitting on the counter licking on chocolate ice cream.
His hair was even more of a mess then usual and he looked like he hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep.
“You really should stop doing that.” I mumbled.
He shrugged and offered the ice cream container. Pulling out a spoon I jumped up on the counter.
“So what happened?” I asked. Kylun sucked on his spoon for a moment before answering.
“Lots.” he stated. Dumping his spoon into the sink.
“What’s that mean?” I pried.
Kylun shoved his hands into his sweat pants that he slept in.
“She sure is bonehead stubborn.”
I froze.
“Was that suppose to be a complement?”
Kylun hesitated.
“Not sure, but I’ll tell you when I figure it out.
I took another lick.
“She’s an extremely loyal friend.” I said with my mouth full.
“If she likes you, you’ll be her friend until you die,... and even then you’ll still be her friend in Paradise probably.” I said with a smile.
“She believes in them that much?” He asked. I nodded.
“She’ll give you her life if it means she can save you.” I said in all honesty.
Kylun looked at me with a grave expression.
“What happens if I can’t be saved?”
“Everyone can be saved. It just takes a patient heart. Which Zaydie has. So... I wouldn’t worry to much about it.” I said with a wave of my hand.
“What if I don’t want to be saved?”
“Ha! yeah right! That’s so not going to happen! Zaydie’s determined. And when she’s determined she won’t be moved. So you better let her. And give her a boost every now and then. But she’ll figure out a way. Don’t sweat it.” But then I got serious. “But if you break her heart, or hurt her in anyway, I guarantee you, you’ll be sorry!”
Kylun leaned back in shock.
“Whoa, now who said anything about that?!” I cocked an eyebrow. “What?!”
“It’s obvious.”
We both jumped and turned. Quorra rubbed her sleepy eyes and yawned.
“What are you eating?” She asked walking over and peaking into the ice cream container.
She wore a night gown [of all things] that was a little big on her. The sleeves were too long, and the bottom scrapped against the floor.
She dug out a spoon and started to eat the ice cream.
“Hey who invited you?” I shouted, taking the ice cream away.
She looked up at me like she wasn’t sure what I just said.
“stop being a hog Kalen.” she said.
“Kalen?!” Kylun and I shouted.
She shook her head and rubbed a sleeve on her hair.
“My bad. Sorry, not fully awake yet. But... I’m sure a lick of ice cream will help.” She hinted. “Please?” She pleaded looking up through her blond hair with big green eyes.
“Whoa! now who could refuse that?!” Kylun exclaimed.
Handing over the ice cream container. I shrugged.
“I never can. They both give me that look and I’m a goner. It’s insane!”
I helped Quorra pull herself up onto the counter, and she dug in.
“so what are you two doing up chit-chatting at 1:00 in the morning?” She asked in between licks.
“chit-chatting.” Kylun answered.
“Huh. Sounds like you were talking about Zaydie to me. Is that true?” She asked starring Kylun right in the eye.
“Oh no! you can play that trick on Sav because he’s so gullible, but not me!” He crossed his arms and turned away.
“Ha! yes you were. Your blushing!”
Kylun turned and glared at her.
“I am not!”
She nodded.
“You are, I can tell.” she remarked with a giggle.
“Well I can tell you one thing, if you hurt her, I’ll take my switch blade to you.” she warned.
“What is with everyone these days?!” Kylun groaned.
“It’s obvious you like her.”
“I don’t like her!”
Our jaws dropped.
“Oh really? because some how I doubt that. Your still blushing for one, and besides if you didn’t like her you wouldn’t be leaving.” Quorra stated.
Kylun opened his mouth then closed it and shook his head.
“That’s not the reason I’m leaving.”
“oh? then what is?”
He sighed.
“It’s... complicated.”
“Humph.” She then took another lick. “He’s got it bad.” she mumbled.
“what?” I asked. Just to provoke him.
“oh the love bug.”
“Quorra. I hear that one more time and I’m going to kill you.” She shook her head.
“I’m the one with the switch blade.”
“Yeah but I’m the one with limitless weapons.” Kylun pointed out.
Quorra shrugged in a ‘what-ever’ kind of way and sucked on her spoon.
“Just be careful ok? don’t hurt her.” I said.
Kylun sighed.
“That’s what I’m trying to do guys. But it’s not that easy when your a monster.”
I sighed.
“There he goes again.” I muttered. “He’s hopeless...”
“who is? And how come I wasn’t invited to the party?” We all jumped again as Zaydie walked sluggishly into the room.
“Oh I want some ice cream!” She jumped for the can, that her sister gave to her with the spoon.
She was dressed in shorts and a large T-shirt that looked real old.
“Who’s was that?” I asked. Looking at the saying typed across the front, I laughed so hard.
She gave me a sleepy smile.
“My dad’s. Fitting huh?”
I nodded.
“Well... we might as well get the day started...” I suggested.
Everyone groaned.
“Ok... never mind.” I said.
“Did you really mean it?... your leaving?” Zaydie asked starring down into the almost empty ice cream bowl. But we all knew she was talking to.
“hmm... yeah.” Kylun answered quietly.
“When are you leaving?”
He shrugged.
“Don’t know. Some time soon though. I can tell.”
Zaydie looked down and depressed.
“Oh I hate this!” Quorra decided. “Come on you three. I have a dream I want to happen right now.” She shouted over her shoulder.
She pulled us all into the computer room.
“Zaydie it’s early I need you to use your Power to get us some clothes.”
“Uh... what kind of clothes?”
“Fancy ones!”
We all looked at her in shock.
“F-fancy ones?” Zaydie asked. Quorra nodded enthusiastically. “and what exactly would we be doing  with these fancy clothes?”
“Wearing them. Duh.”
Zaydie rolled her eyes.
“Why would we be wearing them?”
“You’ll see.”
Quorra then walked up to the simulation chamber and started to program it.
Zaydie sighed.
“Alright, ball gown type fancy? or evening dinner kind of fancy?” Zaydie asked.
“Hmm... well get the boys evening dinner, but you’ll want a ball gown. Trust me.”
“Oh bother.” Zaydie muttered.
She walked up to the computer monitor and started to look at the inventory of the wardrobe upstairs.
“Would someone please tell me what’s going on?!” Kylun asked desperately.
Quorra came up to him with a gold piece of paper.
“This is for you!” She handed each of us one.
Zaydie laughed.
“You have such an imagination Quorra.” Quorra smiled. I glanced down at mine and shook my head just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.
In big fancy letters it said:

“Your cordially invited to Prince Genesis’ 17’th birthday ball.”

“Quorra where did you get this?! And what does it mean by ‘Prince Genesis’?” I asked.
“You don’t really mean...?”
Quorra got a mischievous grin on her face. “You’d be surprised where this thing can take you.”
“Oh! so you mean like a real ball dress!” Zaydie exclaimed.
“Well in that case!” She must have used her Powers because her eyes turned green again.
Before we knew what had happened, an outfit for each of us appeared floating in front of us.
Our jaws dropped.
“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Kylun muttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment