Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chapter 7

Z                     Chapter: 7
A
Y                              Secrets in the Night
D
I
E



Ok, yes obviously I was hiding something. Though I gave hints! it's not like I wanted to keep Savrin completely in the dark. But I just... wasn't sure if he should know or not. [Yes I do trust you genius! after all that we've been through I think you should know that by now!]

I was eager to get out into the field and work things out. [and by 'work things out' I mean punch something up.]
"There must be a training center somewhere... but... where?" I asked myself. I glanced down one hall, and then moved on.
"Oh why does this place have to be so confusing?!" I mumbled to myself.
"Hall to the right, strait down, door at the end." I jerked and looked around. Still covered half in shadows, I saw the Boy. [yeah still don't know his name. so 'the Boy' it is!]
"Um... thanks... I think." I muttered. I started down the hall, but I was very aware of the fact that he was following me.
Coming up to the door, I found that it was locked, so I tugged on the handle. It wouldn't budge. Great way to look an idiot. Oh Zaydie. I'm so hopeless!!
"Use your arm." He instructed.
Right! forgot about that. [if that's possible]
Moving my right arm over the panel, it beeped and the door opened.
Pushing the big heavy wood door with my shoulder, I stepped through.
"Ooh my..." I said quietly. The Boy shut the door, and came up beside me.
"yeah, pretty big huh?" he asked.
I nodded and looked around slowly.
The room was as big as the throne room, maybe even bigger!
It was full of obstacle courses, dummies, there was a shooting range, and also, in a corner, was a simulation room.
I headed over to the simulation. Jumping over, or ducking under things in my way with out missing a beat.
I could still sense the Boy following me, silently, but he was still there.
I came up to the computers and started tapping away on it. I risked a side-ways glance at him, who was now standing with his hands hanging by his side. His spiked hair went everywhere, and that's when I noticed his eyes.
I had never really looked at them, but now I noticed that... they were grey.
"Your a Shievan?" I asked. He turned to me and pierced me open with his gaze. There was something... off about his eyes though.
"Yeah, I was. But I quit." he stated.
"You can quit?!"
A small smile crossed his face.
"Technically, no."
Well there went my hopes and dreams. "But, they made an exception for me."
"Why's that?"
"I have a higher rank then they do." Though that was pretty vague, I got the feeling that was all he was going to say to me.
"You want to...?" I gestured to the simulation door. He looked up and gave me a smile that sent shivers down my back.
"Absolutely." He came up behind me and started to type on the computers. Suddenly a techno tune pounded through invisible speakers.
It actually had a real catchy rhythm.
"I take it you've never fought with music huh?" he asked. I shook my head.
"Nope."
"Well then, you have no idea what you were missing out on."
"Won't people hear it?" I asked, glancing back at the door. He waved his gloved hand.
"Nah. The room is sound proof, besides their all deaf anyway." He stated. Opening the door, I stepped into the white panel room.
"So... what are we doing?" I asked as he got in and closed the door.
"One on one."
Oohh... fantastic!
"One question." I started. "When do I get to know your name?"
He looked at me from the corner of his eye.
"When I can know for sure I can trust you." Oo-kay then. Well that clears things up!

I was suddenly falling through the nothing once again. I could never quiet get use to the that feeling.
Flipping in mid-air, I was now shooting to the ground head first.
[real smart of me yeah? haha]
Seeing the ground coming at me real fast, I quickly flipped around and landed with my knee bent and my other leg out.
Slowly I pushed myself to my feet and watched as the Boy [really need to come up with a better name] fell through the sky and land in front of me.
Glancing around, I was suddenly aware of the fact that we were in an arena.
The ground was hard pact dirt, and there was a circle painted around the edges, but not only was this an arena. It was an amphitheater.
Looking up I saw rows and rows of seats, all the way around the arena.
I glanced up at the sky and saw that it was overcast. Ah yes... another gloomy day.
Nice.
That's when I noticed the music. Ha, so there were speakers in here too huh?
"First one to draw blood looses." He said.
"One condition Shadow." I shouted to him. He cocked his head.
"Shadow?"
I laughed and shrugged.
"Well you won't tell me your name! so I have to make one up, and Shadow seems pretty good to me."
He shrugged. "No using the shadows. Because that would be completely unfair." I said. He laughed.
"Alright. We'll play it your way."
I curtsied. Though it might have been mocking, Shadow bowed back.
I whipped out my ureci and spun them around. [Yes I will admit it, I was showing off, but come on! I couldn't resist. haha. Savrin thinks I'm crazy which I am. but in a good way.]
I watched as Shadow pulled a large sword out of no where! [I mean that literally!] he just pulled it out of thin air!
My jaw dropped when I saw his sword.
The thing was massive!!
Savrin's sword, Segador, was long and lean.
But Shadow's... Shadow’s is long and huge.
All the gears were down towards the handle, in fact they made the hand guard. [cool] the handle was black [duh], but it was also tinted with blue. And the blade was silver with a dark-blue-mixed-with-black line running down the middle.
But... there was something... off... about his sword. But I couldn’t put my finger on it.
"What's it's name?" I asked.
"Ultima." He answered. "Why did you choose ureci?"
I shrugged. "I guess because their small."
He nodded several times, and that's when the music started to pick up.
Unconsciously I started to sway to the beat.
"Oh boy. Don't tell me you dance." Shadow groaned. I stuck my tongue at him.
"Oh just get on with it!" I hollered. He chuckled.
"As you wish." oh he's slick.

Slowly we started to walk in a circle. Getting a little cocky, I started to hum the tune and still swayed. As I moved, my feet did a little dance.
It was like I was completely oblivious to what was going on around. [I wasn't of course]
Using my sense to see, I closed my eyes and started to do a little dance. Swinging around in a circle to the beat, moving my arms a little. [Savrin says I'm an idiot but what does he know?]
Through my sense I saw him dive for me.
I waited till the last minute then spun gracefully out of the way, causing him to flip around so he slid on his feet.
A half grin made it's way to his face and I opened my eyes again.
He jumped a little ways from the ground then did something I did not see coming. He angled his body like he was lying down, and used the spring board to propel himself at me.
He was coming at me head on, Ultima bared to the teeth. I moved my feet apart and bent my knees slightly.
1... 2... 3
I blocked Ultima and then used Sindo to give me more energy as I jumped up from the ground, swinging my feet over my head, and [hopefully] over Shadow, I landed on my toes and tucked and rolled to keep myself from getting too banged up.
Rising to my feet, I used the spring boards and jumped at Shadow.
Crossing my ureci in front of me to keep Ultima from getting me. With Ultima locked, I found that Shadow was a lot stronger then he looked.
I mean sure he had the broad shoulders and all, but he still didn't look like much. His waist was slim, and he didn’t have any biceps. [yeah I know, sounds really weird, but he didn’t!]
However, looks can always be deceiving.

I knew I wouldn't be able to stay like this for long. That's always my problem. I can't stay in a lock for long or I'll be a goner.
Thinking quickly, I dropped my ureci making him lurch forward a little, then using the spring board, I pushed myself up into the air, not high, but high enough.
I twisted my body around, so I was facing Shadow's back. Kicking out both of my feet I sent him flying into the dirt.
I landed softly and watched.
He got up, but there was no blood.
Dang it.
"Nice move." He commented.
"Well thank you." I said as I blocked another blow. I ducked and spun around him, only he was expecting that. Shoot. Need new ideas.

For a while we spun around each other. We were the other's equal. I couldn't get him to slip up. And I had to constantly be on my guard.
Finally I jumped into the air to catch my breath and regain a little energy.
Though it didn't last long.
Soon he was up there with me. Our blades made a ringing sound above the music. [that had by now changed to an equally energetic tune]
My heart was racing, and my head was pounding.
I could see that his was too. His chest rose and fell more quickly then usual. [ha so was mine. No shocker there]

I blocked Ultima to my left, quickly moving my left ureca to my right hand to give it more strength [and also to get it out of the way]
I punched him in the jaw.
Gliding back down the ground, I glanced up and saw that he was now directly above me.
Turning around I ran for the tall wall the surrounded the arena. It also acted as a railing for the people [if there were any] in the first row.
Taking at least four steps up the wall, I used the fifth to propel me at Shadow.
My shoe hit his chest, and then I came down with several punches.
Shadow blocked most of them but several did make it to it's mark.
As I tried to move away, he grabbed a hold of my foot. [dunno what he did with Ultima, I wasn't really looking for it]
He swung me around once then threw me to the ground.
I didn't have to react so I hit the dirt and bounced with a low thud.
I laid on the ground for a moment, trying to get oxygen back in my lungs.  Coughing out dust from my throat, I heard footsteps.
The tip of a cold blade made contact with the bottom of my chin.
Slowly lifting up my head, I stared directly into Shadow's eyes.
Using a sudden burst of energy, I pushed off with my hands, throwing my feet over my head, I hit him in the face with my boot.
Twisting around, I landed on top of him as he hit the ground.
"Ugh." He moaned.
I had caught a hold of his tall leather collar that stood up when I landed on him, I guess my hand had brushed up against his neck, because I noticed blood on my hand, only it wasn't coming from me.
Gently pulling the collar down, I saw a long jagged cut.
"I believe, I win." I muttered. Dropping my hand.
I found his gaze on my face and looked at his eyes. They had a red tint to them... how odd.
"You can get off me now." He said. I rolled off and rose to my feet. Placing my ureci back in their sheaths, I offered a hand to Shadow.
He looked at me for a moment before taking it.
I had to use all my weight to pull him up, which brought on a shadow of a grin from him.

Back in the training room, I stepped out of the simulation room and noticed the medical table.
"Come on, let me fix that cut." I told him. Slipping my hand into his, I pulled him after me to the table.
Sitting him down on a stool I picked up a few cotton balls and dipped them in a clear disinfectant.
Turning back to him, I paused a minute.
"Do you mind if I patch you up?" It suddenly had occurred to me that I hadn't asked.
Shadow shrugged.
"Ok then could you take off your jacket?" He sighed and stood up.
"You sure are asking for a lot."
"Yes I know, it's absolutely horrible." I said sarcastically. He unclipped his utility belt that held several large pouches on it, and set it on the table. Then he pulled the silver zipper all the way down his leather jacket that came to the middle of his thigh.
I thought it was weird that it was so long, and it was short-sleeved, yet it was still made of leather.
Underneath the jacket-thingy. He had on a black short-sleeve, and his cargo pants were interesting.
I hadn't paid attention to them before, but they came to about the middle of his calf, then they stopped and a band made them slightly puffy at the bottom.
His tall combat boots came up just a little below the band, leaving a bit of skin showing.

I shook my head slightly and picked up a cotton swab.
Walking slowly towards him, [like I would to a scared cat or something. Haha! Savrin asks why I compare Shadow to a cat. And I don't know, it was the first thing that popped to mind.]
I bent down and hesitated a moment.
"This'll sting because it looks like there's some dirt in the cut, so just... um..." ok just what Zaydie?
"Grin and bare it?" he suggested.
"ha, yeah." I muttered. I gently pressed the cotton ball on to the cut. Shadow jerked slightly. I watched as his hand gripped into a fist on his leg.
Cleaning the cut as gently as possible, I then tossed the cotton swab into the trash can and pulled out a square bandage.
Placing anti-biotic on the cut, I put the bandage on top and ran my fingers over it to smooth it out.
"There. We're done." I said, putting the trash in the bin, and turning back to Shadow.
He had already put his jacket back on, along with his utility belt. He looked like he was about to walk away, when he hesitated.
"Kylun."
I cocked my head and my brow creased.
"Um... excuse me?"
"My name." He looked at me again. "My name is Kylun."
"Oh." I said quietly. A smile spread across my face. I struck out my hand. "Nice to meet you Kylun. I'm Zaydie." I stated. A grin spreading from ear to ear.
Kylun hesitated before taking my hand and shaking it.
"Nice to meet you too Zaydie." I laughed, dropping my hand, I clasped it behind my back.
"There, now it's official. We've met."
Kylun laughed and shook his head.
"Your one crazy girl, you know that?" he asked as he walked back to the door.
"Yeah, I know. But that's how the Creator made me, so that's who I am. Though... sometimes I can annoy myself." I added quietly.
"hmm..."
We were quiet for a minute. I had a feeling that as soon as we stepped out of this room, he would disappear on me again. And for some reason, I didn't like that thought.
"How old are you?" I asked, looking at my feet.
Through my senses, I saw him glance over his shoulder.
"16. You?"
"I'm only 15." I answered. I wasn't looking where I was going, so when he stopped and turned suddenly, I rammed into him.
"Oops. Sorry." I said with a small laugh. I took a small step back and looked up at him.
He was around Savrin's height, so around a foot and a few inches taller then myself.
"You're so young."
"Uh..." what was I suppose to say to that? I didn't think that fifteen was young. "... Well, your not that old, only a year. And besides in a few days I'll have my birthday so I'll be 16 as well."
Kylun looked slightly disturbed. What was so disturbing about being fifteen?
"Is... something wrong with being 15?" I asked cautiously.
"No... I was just wondering why the President would get a 15 year old as a bodyguard." He shook his head and opened the door.
I stepped out after him and found that he had gone and disappeared again.
"Well... bye then." I said to the empty hall. I sighed and hung my head.
Guys are a mystery.

I ran back to my room to clean myself up.
I washed my face and brushed the dirt off my new outfit.
"If you have ruined this outfit I'm going to kill you." I said out loud.
I wasn't sure if Kylun was in the bathroom or not. [ I sure hope not]
I got no answer, but that's not exactly reassuring with him.

He sure is a strange one.
I wonder why he always sneaks around, and why he's always hiding it seems like.
Again my mind exploded with questions as I gathered my hair into a side pony-tail.
But one question kept popping up.
How do I answer these questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment