Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Friday, November 11, 2011

Chapter 11

Z                                          Chapter: 11
A
Y                                                   We sing a song, hand in hand
D
I
E



Well, Kylun programmed the city in the simulation we already had going, to suit our needs. And soon the three of us were marching our way into the heart city.

“So what are we suppose to be expecting?” I asked Kylun. I was still pretty hyped up about being able to finally gain control over my Controlium.
So there was a skip in my step, and a song in my heart!
“Anything.” He answered with an evil glint in his eye.
“Oh boy.” I said quietly. Which made him laugh. Meanie.
“Ok let’s try this. Do we have a goal?” I tried again.
“Destroy everything that tries to kill us.”
I scoffed. “Is that all?”
“Yeah. Why? do you want me to make it more harder?”
“No! it’s fine! we’re good.” I answered urgently. He laughed again.

Inside the city, it was all road lights, and traffic jams. [yeah I do mean road lights, we have these lights that are constantly on on the side and middle of the road.]
I pulled out my ureci and looked around.
All I could see was stopped up cars.
“You can never make it easy can you?”  I said. I could hear the techno music going loud enough to hear over the rumble of engines. Catchy tune.
“Does she always dance when music’s going?” I heard Kylun ask.
Savrin laughed.
“Yes. Always have ever sense we were kids, and I have a hunch that she always will even when she grows old.”
“and who says I’ll grow old mister?!” I demanded.
“Because no one will live forever.” Savrin pointed out.
“Ha! well then maybe I’ll die young what do you think?”  Though I mean it as a joke, both boys took it seriously.
They gave me grave looks, even Kylun, and we haven’t even known each other that long! What could I possibly mean to him that he would get mad at me for that?
“It was a joke guys! I’ll live for as long as the Creator wants me to. And then I’ll go home and be young forever how does that sound? Better?” Both of them nodded but they didn’t say anything else. oh brother.

“so.... plan of attack? what are we doing? just going to be walking around, trying to break into peoples cars while we wait for something to attack us?” I asked.
“Ok there is a point, or a goal. You have to work you way up from one lower level boss to the next in order to get the final boss who is your ultimate opponent. Because he’s the one that keeps making the harpies.” [harpy is the general term for evil creatures. Things everyone kills on spot if they have the training.]
“Oh. So you lied.” I teased as I walked around the opposite side of a car then him. He glared at me again. And I stuck my tongue out.
“Ok, so is there anything else you can do Zaydie?” Sav shouted out.
“Besides the light, nothing that I’ve found... yet.” I answered.
“How big can you make the light?” Kylun asked coming up on the other side of me.
“uh... I don’t know, I haven’t tried to go any bigger then a small bead because it gave off enough light.”
Kylun nodded.
“Well just for the sake of wasting time, why don’t you see how big you can make it?” I shrugged and placed my ureci back in their sheathes.
Holding my hands out, the blue bead appeared.
Slowly I made it grow bigger and bigger. But there was a slow rumble.
We all spun around, arms at the ready.
Though we couldn’t see anything. Yet.
“What was that?” dumb question I know, but what can I say, it’s one of those things that just... pops out?
“That would be our first kill of the day.” Sav answered back.
“Oh well that’s an interesting way to put it. Couldn’t come up with anything better?” I grumbled.
“First thing that popped to mind sorry.”
I groaned. Boys.

“Consider this, team training.” Kylun suggested.
I laughed. “It’s a done deal.”
The harpy came at us quickly, and soon it was on top of us.
I spun my ureci around, Savrin gripped Segador harder, and Kylun repositioned Ultima.
“Just as a quick note here,” I started as I watched the flying harpy floating above us. “We really should have a saying that we always say before we head in to battle.” I finished.
The boys didn’t acknowledge me, instead we all propelled ourselves at the flying bird thing with bloody claws.

The fight went by quickly, with all three of us fighting the same thing, well you can imagine that. The boys however, kept on ordering each other around, they weren't as bad as they were, but it still got on my nerves.
"Oh would the both of you stop ordering each other around and just kill the thing already!" I shouted as I came head on with the bird. I twisted under it's belly and slit it's throat. Dodging out from under the bird, I watched as it fell to the ground.
"Or you can let the girl do all the work." I added, floating down to the ground.
The boys were still grumbling at each other for the next five minutes! They drove me close to insanity!!

"We should have attacked from behind."
"No! That wouldn't have done no good seeing as it's massive tail would smash us to bits! Above would have been better."
"What makes you say that? it had eyes everywhere!"
"Would you both just shut up!!!" I shouted, rubbing my temples with my fingers. "Your giving me a migraine!! Who cares how we kill the dumb things, you just kill it!!"
I know you always need an actual plan, but at the moment, my nerves couldn't handle them.

both boys looked at me and kept quiet. Thank goodness!
Soon we were back to weaving our ways through the stalled out cars.
It was quiet for a long time, none of us spoke.
"Not that you don't need to work out a system that lets both of you kill things with equal share," I started. "But do you think we can do it with out all the head butting?"
"You sure are asking for a lot." Sav stated. Kylun grunted in agreement.
That was the first thing I had ever seen them agree on something!!
uh-oh. That can't be good news.
"Well at least try." I pleaded. Kylun chuckled quietly.
"Heads up, a harpy coming up ahead." He warned.
"Ok how about this. Seeing as that thing is huge.  We all attack at the same time, but from different sides. Hopefully catching it by surprise." I suggested. They both shrugged.
"wont hurt to try." Sav answered.
"Oh yes your very enthusiastic." I commented.

This harpy was massive!
It had the back of a turtle, the head of a lion, and the tail of the Behemoth!
Not to mention it took up half the road!!
"Ooh wow... that's not the final boss is it?" I whispered to Kylun.
"Nope."
"Fantastic. Just checking. So the final boss is... bigger? then that thing?"
"Yup."
"Lovely. If we're fighting stuff like this everyday, I'm going to have to reconsider training with a different weapon. Maybe a long range one." I added thoughtfully. Because it looked like I couldn't do much with just my ureci. They were so tiny compared to this thing!
"That can be arranged. One of the settings I put in here was that we can leave when ever we want, and the simulation will save our progress so we can come back to were we left off." Kylun explained.
"Oh so it's like a life size game huh?"
"Yeah that pretty much sums it up."
"Great. Just great." I said sarcastically. Never was real good with games.
"Well lets attempt to take this one down, then we can pause the game and practice latter." Savrin piped up.
"Sounds good." I stated.

We walked up to the harpy and took up fighting stances.
"So you thought up that team sayin' yet?" Sav asked, I looked up at him from my crouched position.
"Uh.... all for one and one for all?"
"No!" they both shouted. I chuckled nervously.
"Yeah... I'll think on it! Just gotta give me time."
They laughed.
"Just so long as you come up with something better then that." Kylun said his voice full of laughter.

Well back to the gigantic harpy standing in front of us.
"So same attack skill? from three different sides?" Sav asked. I nodded. "Alright then. Zaydie, you go to his left, Kylun to his right." Sav ordered.
I nodded and moved off working my way to the left of the harpy.
I can't say it wasn't easy. All I did was crawl from one car to the next.
But... this harpy must have a real good sense of smell. Because it soon started watching me.
"Sav, this things watching me and I don't like it." I said into the ear com.
"I hear ya. Just keep moving, I'll try to destract it. Got any long range weapons?"
"No that would be me."
"Kylun?! What the...?" I said. I didn't know he had a com.
"Your not the only one who's able to have an ear com. No Sav, all she has is close range weapons." Kylun said over the com.
"I can speak for my self, but if you count my Powers, and I have an rquel as well so I'm not completely useless!" I answered.
"Use what you can. We got your back." Sav replied. I nodded and kept ducking from one car to another.
I thought I was doing good when I suddenly noticed that the harpy wasn't there any more.
"What?! Where the heck did it go?!" I shouted standing up and looking around. I jumped up onto the top of the hood of the car and looked around.
"Zaydie run!!!!" Kylun yelled over both the com and in real life.
I jumped off the car and started to run. Where? no idea. I just ran. I kept my eyes to the sky which wasn't the brightest idea yeah I know.
"What am I running from?!" I said.
I didn't get an answer, just static.
"Great. I lost 'em." I pulled out my rquel and started to program it. "If I can program this to it's highest setting, then it might be able to get though that things thick armor. Plus I'll be able to get it there if I use my Controlium." I said to myself. [I talk to myself a lot as well. Sav doesn't understand why, it's just one of those girl things]

My rquel beeped, telling me that it was charging. Looking at the small screen in the middle, I saw that it would take two minutes to charge enough to give off a blast that big. Or it would be blown to smithereens it's self.
Glancing back around I kept running. I couldn't see Kylun or Savrin, and the coms were down so I couldn't talk to them.
"What is going on?" I asked. "Creator don't let me die in a simulation of all places!" I cried.
I suddenly heard an ear rattling boom and spun on my heel.
There, only so many feet away, stood the harpy.
"Holly molly." I muttered. [that's as close to swearing as I get people!]
Taking out my ureci I positioned myself in a low fighting crouch.
"Oh what I wouldn't give for body armor." I stated absent mindedly.
I took several deep breaths then plunged myself at it.
Flying at it head on was fine, but when it opened it's mouth and I saw a warm light inside, that's when I freaked out.
"No, no, no." I shouted. I twisted out of the range of his mouth and landed on top of his head.
I drove my ureca into his eye and gave it a twist. Making sure he wouldn't be able to see out of it. But in the process of doing that, he tossed his head and screamed. Making me fall off.
I remember screaming. Long and loud. Curling up into a ball I prayed to the Creator for a quick death. [The thing about simulations, that there's always a chance you can die in them. And yeah, die. They are for training, but everything in it is very much real.]

However, last second, I felt someone grabbing me, and a sudden pulse of electric volts ran through my body.
It hurt!!
When I managed to stop squeezing my eyes shut, I looked around and my situation sent my heart beating hard.
Kylun was the one caring me, and I found that we weren't on the highway anymore.
Further more, Kylun was staring at me just as I was staring at him.
With pure and utter horror!
He just teleported me out of the air!!!
Talk about superman.
But I couldn't figure out why he was staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
His mouth moved but no words would form.
I wiggled out of his grip and was glad to have my own two feet on the ground again.
"What are you staring at?" I asked again.
"Zaydie... look at your hands." I glanced down and nearly screamed. My hands... were blue!!
I looked down at the rest of me. I was blue all over! it was subtle blue, and transparent so you could still see my skin and clothes.
But it seemed to be shifting. Like it was water or something. Constantly shifting.
"What the heck is this?" I muttered.
Kylun reached forward and grasped my arm... only I couldn't feel his touch.
I felt like a robot, not able to feel anything!
"It's hard. Like ice or something."
Before I could tell him not to, he whipped out Ultima and slashed me with it.
I screamed and crouched down, putting my hands over my head.
When he stopped I sprung back up and punched him in the face.
"What's the big idea?! huh? what did you save me from getting splattered all over the black top just so you can kill me yourself?!" I shouted. Kylun put the sword away, and looked me calmly in the eye.
"Zaydie, it's armor."
I was about to shout at him again, but what he said hit me.
"Wait.... what?"
He placed his hand back on my arm.
"Can you feel me?"
I shook my head.
"Well to me, the blue stuff feels like armor. Cold and hard."
I looked down at the blue stuff again.
"Well then how do I get rid of it?"
He shrugged.
"I don't know. You figure it out. But when I grabbed you, I did see that blue bead in between you hands. So maybe it's good for something else besides a flash light."
"Hmm..." I cupped my chin. "It's possible." I pushed my hands together slowly, and when I clapped them together the armor disappeared.
"Cool!" I said examining my very-normal hands.
"and you can teleport. Did you know before, or was that something you kept to yourself?" I asked with a all-knowing grin on my face.
"Nope. I didn't know that I had a teleportation Power."
"Huh..." I looked around. We were in middle of the city still, I just couldn't see the highway.
"WHERE ARE  YOU GUYS!!!"
I yanked my ear com out as Savrin yelled.
Once he was finished I put it back in.
"Sorry, the coms went down, and then I uh..." I hesitated.
"She almost died so that's when I came in and saved her butt, only we landed in middle of the city somewhere." Kylun stepped in. I stomped on his foot. "Ouch." He said quietly.
"Don't be a whoosie." I retorted.
"Well just hurry up and get back here. I can't hold this harpy by myself."
"On our way." I reported. "Well, better get going."
I then turned around and ran off.
"Hey Zaydie! Wait up!" Kylun hollered.
"No. You have to catch up!" I laughed as I saw Kylun jogging after me.
"So which way captain?" I said to Kylun as we jogged down the streets.
"What's with you an nicknames?" He said with a shake of his head.
"What's with you and hating them?" I tossed back. He ignored that question.
"Take the next street to the left." He ordered. I gave a playful salute and flipped sideways into the next street.

"Where we go
nobody knows.

One, and two,
and three is all.
Up we go,
or down we fall.

Only to get
 up is all.
Can we do it?
Or will we fail?
The world
looks at us,
and they ask the question:
will we fail?

Not at all
The Creator
is strong,
and with Him,
I stand tall.

Forever
known are we,
who stand
firm and strong.
Together or not
at all,
But I won't let you
down.
I won't let you
go.

You'll always be
here,
You'll always be
near.

Close to
My heart
is where you
belong,
and close to
my heart
is where you
will stay.

With the Creator
near,
We shall known
no fear.
Things are bound
to change,
And it's time
they do.
For with the change,
comes a peace,
and with the
peace,
a lullaby."

"What are you singing?" Kylun asked. I looked up at him and smiled.
"It was a song that my mom use to sing to us." I explained.
"'Us'?"
"My little sister and I... oh! It's her birthday soon! Oh my gosh I almost forgot!" I chuckled. "Horrible isn't it?"
"What?"
"That I've been away from my sister so long that it's hard for me to even remember her birthday." I sighed. "Oh life is such a pain!!" yeah I guess I acted like a little girl when I stomped my feet. But I'm allowed to do that every now and then!
Kylun laughed a little when I caught up.
"I can agree with you. But the Creator brings good out of the bad, and light from the dark."
I let out a huff.
"Yeah yeah. But still it's rather annoying!"
"yes it is."
Why all of a sudden is he being so agreeable?
I started to hum the lullaby again.
It use to be the only thing that calmed me down when I was a kid. It still does actually.
"so what weapon would you like to train with?" Kylun piped up.
"Huh?"
"You said you wanted to train with a long range weapon. What did you have in mind?"
"Oh... um... I don't know. I didn't spend much time looking for a long range weapon." I answered as we took a sharp turn down an alley way.
"why not?"
"Because I was trained for close range, they didn't give me the option for both. It was one or the other."
Kylun was quiet for a moment or two.
That's when we heard the big banging.
We looked at each other.
"Why don't you just teleport us back?" I asked.
"Good question." Kylun stepped closer and pulled me close.
I yelped.
He looked down at me, [yeah he was Sav's height. Or maybe slightly taller... haha Sav denies it.] with a cocky grin.
"Don't you dare do anything stupid or you will be extremely sorry." I warned.
"Well now that you've threatened me." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"Kylun!" I shouted punching his arm. He was enjoying this way to much!
"Would you just get us there already?!" He laughed quietly. His head was still near my face.
"As you wish." He whispered. Then he lifted his head and gripped me harder. "I suggest you hold on tight." At first I was about to say 'ha! yeah right in your dreams!' until I remembered the electrical volts. So then I hugged his chest harder and buried my face in his jacket.
The last thing I remember hearing before the electrical pulse filled my ears was Kylun humming the song I had just been singing.
That made me smile.
So the shadow had a soul after all.

Kylun definitely needs practice with the whole teleportation. Because we ended up right smack dab in the middle of the fight!
Sav ran past us as he tried to hold off the harpy.
"Sorry if I interrupt," I immediately moved away from Kylun and pulled out my ureci. "But do you mind helping?!"
"On it!" I said jumping up next to Sav. "And if you want, you can blame Kylun." I added.
Kylun's jaw dropped.
"Snitch." he muttered.
"Me?! The snitch?! Your the one that kissed me." I tossed back.
"He kissed you?!" Savrin shouted.
"It was on the cheek! Gosh I didn't think it would be such a big deal." Kylun explained.
"Cheek-shmeek. A kiss is a kiss. Don't touch her again." Sav threatened.
"Zaydie. Are you going to put up with this?"
I laughed.
"Why don't we concentrate on the harpy for now and fix all of this latter." I suggested. Well ok, ordered.
[I really just didn't know how I felt about Kylun kissing me and I didn't want to make a big scene.]

it took a moment to get them to concentrate, but they finally did. So it was down to business!
We were facing a gigantic harpy, with the odds on our side, and on top of all that, the thing had a shell.
Check, check, and check.
Oh brother... we're doomed. [not really of course]

"I've set my rquel for it's highest boom, should be ready by now." I said as we gazed up on the massive thing.
It spread out its mouth and again I saw the warm light.
"Scatter!" Savrin shouted. We all rolled one way or another.
I ended up with Savrin, [fine by me]
"Did you try to stop him?" he asked randomly.
"stop who? from doing what?" I asked. I ducked as the harpy started to spit fire.
"Wha! that's insane. We're all going to die!" I said absently mind. Then it struck me. "Wait are you still talking about that peck on the cheek thing?" I asked turning back to Sav.
He gave me a look.
I sighed.
"Let's worry about this latter." I shouted. I jumped up into the air, using a spring board I shot myself right under the thing's belly. Using my Controlium I placed the rquel on to the bottom of it's belly.
"Scatter far and wide!!!" I shouted.
Using half my concentration to propel myself forwards as far as I could, I used the other half to hold the rquel there.
"Zaydie what did you do?!" Kylun yelled as he came up next to me in the air.
"I'm holding my rquel in place, hopefully the blast will be strong enough to break through it's armor on it's belly." I explained.
"Smart going. Should have told us though." Savrin said coming up on my other side.
"Well you were hang in the past, so sorry if I live in the present." I said with a grin. Kylun chuckled.
"I suggest we hit the deck, like now!" I shouted. I could feel the bomb about to go off. We dove for the ground and dashed inside a shop. Kylun and Savrin shoved me on the ground as I felt the heat wave come off the bomb. Followed by a huge boom.
I felt glass cut my exposed skin, I covered my ears with my hands.
Under different circumstances, I would have been embarrassed, having Kylun laying next to me on one side, and Savrin on the other, both with their arms wrapped over me protectively. But at the moment. I found it comforting.

Silently I prayed to the Creator for protection. And it was weird. Because I felt someone's hand on my own. It was a warm comforting hand, but I knew that it didn't belong to either of the boys.
This one... was special. It replaced all the feelings of worry, sadness, despair, anger, pain, hate, and loneliness. And in their place, came the feelings of joy, happiness, contentment, assurance, relief, and love.
Thank you Father. I now have some assurance, and I'm grateful. I prayed silently.


"It's over." I heard someone whisper. I slowly pulled my hands down, which was hard seeing as all of my hair was caught in them.
I hadn't noticed it but my hair had fallen out during the fight, so now both boys were spitting it out of their mouths.
"Who knew someone could die from hair suffocation?" Sav asked.
"Sav! you big meanie!" I slugged him in the arm and gathered up all of my hair and pulling it over my shoulder.
I sat up and moved more long brown hair out of my eyes [ha and my own mouth for that matter. But ssh!]
"Do you think it's dead?" I asked. I was about to put my hand down on the ground, when Kylun jerked it away.
"Watch it! come on girl really?" He pulled himself to his feet, then dragged me up along with him.
In the process, making me scrape my knees on the floor.
"Ow! ow! ow!" I muttered. I looked down at my knees.
"Oh great! how the heck am I suppose to explain this to Valad? He's going to be all over my tail!" I complained. "Not to mention the fact that they really hurt." I added quietly. My knees were full of glass shards.
"Um..." The boys tried to think of something.
"Use your Powers Zaydie." I jerked.
"did you hear that?" I asked looking around, trying not to move my knees.
"Here what?" Savrin asked.
"It was like this little voice... it sounded familiar actually..." I gasped as I remembered where I heard it from.
Tasin was talking to me!
"What Power Tasin?" I asked in my head.
"The one you haven't used yet." oh yeah 'cause that was an easy answer!
"How?"
"Use your instincts." Again... not very helpful!

"Hmm..." I mumbled. I looked down at my scraped up knees. How to make this go away.
"Maybe we could try to..." The boys' suggestions were lost to me.
I bent down and placed my hand a little ways away from my knees.
turning my hand in little circles, a yellow light spilt out of my finger tips. It was different then the flash light [aka the blue one]. As I slowly pulled my hand away from my knee, several glass pieces came floating out of the cut.
"We could carry her-What the heck?!" I almost lost concentration.
As I pulled the pieces out I let them go and they fell to the ground. Examining my knees there was not even a scare left.
"There. Good as new." I said placing my hands back on my hips and smiling at the boys. They looked dumb struck.
"You've got to be joking! It's like that never happened." Savrin remarked.
"Well to my body it didn't." I said. "Now come on! we had better be getting back or Valad will have our hides." I ran out of the shop.
Looking around I could tell that the harpy was defiantly gone.
Concentrating on my rquel, I pulled it out of the rubble, and flew it back to me.
"Handy." I said as I placed it back in a hidden pocket.
"Girl your just full of surprises." Kylun stated.
"Oh and your not?!" I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment