Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chapter: 21

Z                                                 Chapter: 21
A
Y                                                            A Prince Charming at a Ball
D                                                                       what are the odds?
I
E





Well my dress was gorgeous. I just have to say. haha.
Quorra’s was too just for the record.
The boys were both dressed up, but a little more casual then us girls. [in other words, no bow ties.]
But they still had the jacket, and shirts with cuffs, and slacks.

“We’re actually going to wear this?” Kylun asked. I nodded to his displeasure.
“Oh toughen up! you can handle one night.” I said picking up my own dress.
“Now go get dressed!” I ordered walking off into the bedroom.
Oh yeah... this’ll be fun.

My dress had a drop waist, [but not a mermaid style one] the skirt was poofy and a light blue. The bodice had thin straps over my shoulders, then a pink sheen material wrapped around the entire bodice and half the skirt. It also formed sleeves that fell off my shoulders. The pink was studded with small crystal hearts that were along the skirt. It was really pretty!
Thankfully for me, the top part of the bodice wasn’t revealing at all, so that part was good, and neither was Quorra’s. [I made sure of that]

Quorra’s was green. Hers was a Cinderella gown. It had a big poofy skirt, and a corset bodice.
The main material was made of a light green, but then a darker green sheen material draped around the top, pinned there by dozens of small crystal flowers.
The neck line was a halter top, but with a high back [unlike most of them]

We stood in front of a floor length mirror and looked at each other as we slipped our feet into high heels.
“Wow...” Quorra whispered. “We look totally awesome!” Quorra exclaimed clasping her hands together and giggling.
“Except, we need proper hair do’s if we’re going to go to Genesis’ ball.” I said. Moving my hands over Quorra’s hair, it twisted it’s self into a pretty curly mess on the top of her head. Sprinkled with crystal flowers.
“Ooh!” She jumped up and down as she turned. “Boy are guys going to be shocked!” I smiled and did my own hair. Forming it into a few ringlets, but then some of it was strait and tied up into a knot on my head. Ringlets hung around the back of my neck, and several strands fell into my eyes.
“Hmm... not bad.” I said quietly.
“What do you say we go first so they have to find us?” Quorra asked. I smiled at her and nodded.
“Sure.”
Pulling up a shroud to hid us from them, and them from us [the boys I mean] Quorra and I snuck into the computer room. As we stepped in, Quorra hollered.
“Go on ahead, we’ll be a minute!”
Then we floated in oblivion for a moment.

When we opened our eyes again, we found that we were in the largest room I had ever seen! The ceiling rose high and shaped into a dome. And it was all glass so you could see the stars shining.
The glass replaced most of the walls, save a few.

We were standing near the edge of the ball room and it looked like the party had only just begun.
Looking around I didn’t see any one I recognized.
I sighed and started to sway back and forth. Humming along with the music.

“You guys sure are easy- whoa!”
We both turned to see Kylun and Savrin walk up.
Kylun looked extremely like his brother. It was so weird.
He had on a black suit, with a red button up shirt and a black tie. Though the tie hung loose, and the first button on his shirt was undone, he still looked... dashing I guess.
Savrin wore a black suit as well with a plain white shirt, though he had a yellow flower on his jacket. That was the fanciest I had ever seen him in!

Well while us girls studied them, they studied us. With their jaws hanging wide open of course. [haha]
Kylun was the first to snap out of it.
“Well you defiantly don’t see that everyday.” he stated crossing his arms over his chest.
We girls glanced at our outfits to see what he was talking about.
“What does that mean?” Quorra asked.
“I just mean you don’t dress up like that everyday that’s all.” Kylun explained.
I smiled.
“I’ll take that as a complement.” I said, smiling at him.
“You do that.” I shook my head and laughed. Typical Kylun.

Trumpets sounded and the music died down. Everyone stopped dancing and turned to the large doors at the end of the room.
They opened and one of the cutest guys I had ever laid eyes on walked through. [what?! I’m a girl I can’t help it! so stop laughing Sav!]
He had red hair, and... silver eyes. He was a Shievan!
He wore complete black, with a red cloth in his jacket pocket.
As he walked down in between the people, not a smile appeared on his face. He reminded me of Kylun. Always on guard, all work and no play.
He nodded to people that spoke up to him as he made his way down to the opposite side of the ball room.
He walked right past me and the rest of the gang. His eyes widened as I smiled and sunk into a graceful curtsy. [it seemed the right thing to do. That’s all I can say]
He kept his eyes on me as he walked off.
“Well that was weird.” Quorra whispered. “Just remember. This is the past, so no meddling or we’ll mess up the future. Got it girl?!” She asked.
I turned to her in mocked shock.
“Who do you think I am?” I asked playfully pointing to myself.
“A sucker for hot guys.” Quorra answered, giving me a wink.
My jaw dropped.
“Quorra!”
“Oh look! Ice cream!” She then walked off. I shook my head.
“What did she say?” Kylun asked with one of his sly grins. I shook my head.
“Nothing! Ignore anything you just heard, because I assure you it was a lie!”
“Uh-huh.” Yeah I didn’t think that would convince him.
“Well you guys have fun!” he said as he walked off.
“And where do you think your going?” I called after him. He glanced over his shoulder and gave me a wink and a thumbs up.
“To get myself a date.”
My jaw dropped as he disappeared in to the crowd.
“What a low life.” I muttered.
Savrin laughed.
“Hey Quorra, how about it?” He asked. I turned and saw that Quorra really hadn’t gone far.
“Um...” she glanced at me. I nodded and gestured to the dance floor. “Sure why not?” Then the two of them were off.
I smiled as I watched them dance together. They made a cute couple. Haha. Oh gosh! I’m turning into my sister!

I hummed along with the music as I watched the people dance around gracefully from the sidelines.
Kylun had succeeded in getting a date. And she was way more prettier then I was. Oh brother.
“I don’t believe I’ve seen you before.” I jumped slightly and turned. My jaw dropped as I saw Genesis standing behind me.
“Your Majesty.” I dipped into another curtsy. He shook his head.
“Enough of the formalities. It’s Genesis.”
“I know.”
He opened his mouth to speak then shut it.
“And no, we haven’t met before. Though I have known about you. For quiet some time now.” I said. I didn’t want to say to much, I didn’t know what that could do.
He cocked his head slightly and slipped his hands into his pockets.
“Where are you from?”
“Oh... far away.” Definitely couldn’t tell him where! well, more like when.
“Hmm... Have you been here long?”
I nodded.
“Yes. For as long as I can remember.” Whoops! talk about a major slip up!
And the confusion registered onto his face.
“You are very confusing miss...?”
“Zaydie, your Highness.”
He shook his head.
“... Genesis.” I corrected. A smile played at the tips of his lips.
“Your a Shievan. How is that? You would have been in the records.” I smiled.
“Do you memorize everyone in those records?”
“Well... no.”
“Hmm.” I said with a smile. “Well happy 17th birthday.”
He nodded and looked out at he people dancing.
“Thank you. Though I can’t say there’s anything happy about it.” The dark look that has been on Kylun’s face so often crossed his.
They were so alike. Yet so different. But then I noticed.... the red tint.
Oh no.
For one moment, Genesis’ face changed to Havrin’s.
“Hiya Zaydie. What are you doing here?! Don’t you dare mess anything up!!” Oh he was so charming! Jerk.
I gave a curt nod. And he turned back to Genesis.
Genesis shook his head.
“Sorry about that.”
I forced a smile.
“it’s fine. Everyone gets headaches.”
Genesis sighed and offered me a hand.
“How about it Zaydie?” At first I was suffering from major déjà vu. But when I snapped out of it, I took his hand.
“Why not?”
Genesis smiled and led me out to the dance floor.

The music was airy and happy sounding. We moved back and forth as I tried to remember all the steps. We talked about various things, but nothing personal or anything. But I still considered it a great blessing to meet one of the Three before me.
We passed Kylun once, and his jaw dropped when he saw who I was dancing with. I sent him a sweet smile then looked back at Genesis.
So there! haha.

“Life is tough. And it’s worse when your a Prince, and then the Creator decides to-” He cut himself off, but I knew what he was talking about.
I nodded. “yeah... I know what you mean. And I can imagine it being hard if you constantly doubt yourself.” I said.
He gave me a curious look.
“What do you know?”
I hesitated.
“I know a lot more then any fifteen year old should. But, I use that knowledge to help other’s who are bound to darkness”
Genesis looked into my eyes for a long while.
It felt like he was looking right into my heart. Trying to figure out what I meant.
“You have someone close to you that’s lost in oblivion don’t you?”
I sighed and nodded.
“Yes. He’s given up on himself which makes it all the more harder to reach him.”
“yes... but I have a hunch that that’s only to save the ones closest to him.” I looked up at Genesis with a confused look.
“See, sometimes, people give up on themselves to save others. But in doing that, they lose themselves. “
I shook my head.
“What if I don’t want to be saved? what if I want to do the saving?”
That’s when Genesis actually laughed.
“Isn’t it the boy who comes to save the damsel in distress? Not the other way around?”
I shrugged.
“That’s been done millions of times! so why not shake it up a little?”
“I like your thinking Zaydie. Your right. To many times has the hero given up himself to save others.”
“Why can’t the other’s save him?”
“Hmm... good question. I guess they can. You just have to find the way.”
The dance ended.
And my time there was ending as well.
“Do that for me will you?” He asked. Quorra and Savrin started to walk up. I glanced around and found Kylun walking over with a smile I hadn’t seen before. Uh-oh.
“Save him.” I turned back to Genesis. I gave him a smile and nodded.
“I will. I promise.”
Genesis cocked his head and smiled.
“See you around Zaydie.” Then he walked off, and my friends came up next to me.
After my encounter with Genesis, it somehow made me even more happy to see Kylun. And with that smile, I only knew that it was something good.
When he came up next to me I threw my arms around his neck and gave him a tight hug.
I heard Quorra giggle then sigh. I could only imagine Savrin shaking his head.
Kylun hesitated, then I felt his arms wrap around my waist. Hugging me back ever so gently.
“You’ll never have to go anywhere alone Kylun. Never.” I whispered. I heard him gasp a little, then he squeezed me slightly harder.
“I’m glad Zaydie. I’m glad you’ll always be there. Right next to me.” He whispered back.
I smiled and let go of his neck.
I turned back to Savrin and Quorra.
Quorra was smiling, and Savrin gave me an approving nod.
I slipped my hand into Kylun’s, and offered my other to Quorra. She took it and slipped her other into Savrin’s. And together, we watched the ball room disappear before us, and the white paneled room appear again.
Still holding hands.
Still together.
Now,
and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment