Three Chosen Kids + One Disaster after Another = a Saved Planet

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chapter 15

Z                             Chapter: 15
A
Y                                         Monster's can be tamed
D
I
E



Havrin.
Kylun.
Havrin... oh bother. This is a lot to take in at one time. I really did need to read that notebook.

I sat on the couch with Aarek's book in my lap. Humming a playful tune that my mom always sang to us when we came back in side from playing.
It's sometimes... hard to think that she's gone... though it was so long ago...

"What happened to her?" I looked up and found that Kylun was back to normal and was sitting only a foot away from me on the couch.
I sighed. "It's a long story." He waited. "I was six. Quorra was five. We were very mischievous kids at the time. We loved to go exploring no mater how much people told us it was dangerous. I wish that was one thing I didn't have. But, I can't pick and choose the traits I have. Unfortunately.
Anyways, we had heard about this cave in the mountains. So my sister and I decided to go check it out.
We didn't know it was an abandoned mine shaft.
So, we went exploring . But things started to shake, we found that we weren't the only one's in there. There was something in the shadows that we couldn't quiet make out.
When it got closer we thought we were goners for sure. But that's when mom showed up.
She... she was always so brave. She got us out of the mine shaft just in time. But just as the shaft was collapsing, she was pulled into  it by the shadow, and we were left sitting there for a long time. Starring at the closed shaft.
That was that nigh that I fell into the fever that had taken Savrin's mom. And it was a few nights before I got my Mark." I said quietly. I hadn't told anyone what had happened to my mom.
I don't know why I didn't. I... just didn't.

Kylun was quiet for a moment. Then went on to a completely different topic! [That's one thing I still don't get about him!]
"Is it safe to say you guys saw him?" Kylun asked interlocking his fingers behind his head.
"Yup. He's such a twerp. I felt like smacking him!" I said in an angry tone. My hand balled up in a fist.
"Why didn't you?"
I opened my mouth to say something, but then closed it when I didn't have an answer.
"I... don't know actually." I answered honestly.
"Hmm..."
"What... is he?" I asked. I wasn't really sure how to word it, and I'm sure that that did not come out right, but it was the best I could come up with.
"He's a curse. He's something evil, I know it. Now that doesn't mean necessarily that he is evil. I just mean that he's made up of something evil. And I want to get rid of it! I don't want anything to do with him any more!' Kylun's fists balled up and he looked at them angrily.
"He's constantly inside my head! He knows everything there is to know about me! Not only can he see into mine, but I can see his! He's done terrible things Zaydie." His eyes turned to me. They were full of hate, anger, and despair. They were also... pleading. "He doesn't always choose to do them. Sometimes he's forced to. But that still doesn't mean he didn't do them!"
I took a deep breath. His hands went to his head and he started pulling at his long black hair.
"Kylun pulling at your hair won't do any good." I gently pulled his hands down.
"What good has he done?" I asked quietly.
"What?" Kylun looked up at me through his hair.
"You said that Havrin wasn't all bad. So what good as he done?"
Kylun locked me in his silver-red eyed gaze as he tried to think.
"He's... helped people... towns... kids. He helped a little girl find her teddy bear once."
I smiled.
"See? He's not all bad... Just like your not all bad and cocky. Though you do have that kind of attitude."
Kylun glared at me. Which made me laugh.
"I'm sorry. I can't help myself sometimes. Hmm... So maybe instead of looking at his bad side. Why don't you look at his good side? Like I do all the time!" I said with an encouraging smile. [at least I hope it was encouraging!]
Kylun shook his head.
"You see the bad in me... yet you choose not to look at it?" He asked. I nodded.
"Yeah! You can always choose to hide your face and cover your eyes."
"But that doesn't make it go away."
I shook my head.
"No. You're right. It doesn't. But everyone has a little darkness in their heart. That's because of what happened in the First City! When the First Woman choose to sin against the Creator.
Now it's just part of life that we have to deal with. But thanks to the Creator we don't have to look at the bad side of people. Because when we accept the Creator as our savior, he washed us clean. We don't hold past grudges! We just look at the good in people because that's what's worth looking at." I tugged a lock of my hair when I finished.
He probably thinks I'm crazy. Or that I preach at people to much. I thought.
Kylun laughed suddenly. I looked up in surprise.
"What? What's so funny?"
"Nothing. Sorry." He said still trying to calm down. I shook my head and went back to my book.
"But hey, Thanks." I looked up and shot him a smile.
"My pleasure. Anytime." He then locked his fingers behind his head again and looked out at some point in the distance.
"And good job beating up that harpy by yourself." I froze.
"You saw that?"
Kylun looked at me.
"Well duh. Havrin might have hijacked my body, but it's still my body. I can see and feel every thing that goes on. It's like having two people share one room. Sorta. That's the easiest way to put it I guess."
"Oo-kay then.." I responded. [yeah I know real ingenious right? Haha!]

Quorra finally showed up around 6:00pm. But with some unexpected guests.
"Hey guys! I'm back!" She hollered. I looked up and gave her a wave.
Then jumped up as Brinlynn and Braxlin walked in.
"Hey! Brin!!" I ran up to her and gave her a hug.
"Hey girl! I was wondering when I'd see you again." She exclaimed giving me a bear hug.
I let go and turned to Braxlin. It was quiet obvious that he would not be accepting any hugs. So I gave him a fist bump instead.
"How's it going Brax?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Same as usual. I hear you guys need our help to bail you out of some trouble." He stated getting right to the point.
I laughed nervously and twirled a strand of hair around my finger.
"Well let me introduce you to a friend of mine." I pulled them farther into the room. Kylun got up from his lazy position on the couch.
"Brin, Brax, this is Kylun. Kylun, this is my mentor Brinlynn, and Savrin's, Braxlin." I introduced.
He nodded and shook hands with Braxlin. Though Brin eyed him suspiciously.
"You mean, the Kylun? the one that died two years ago?!" She asked.
I turned to Kylun in shock.
"Your dead?"
He rubbed the back of his neck and gave me a nervous smile.
"Well.... that was the general idea yeah." He answered.
I shook my head.
"Oh boy. Ok you obviously can't tell anyone that he exists any more, along with... well us." I said pointing to Savrin and I.
Brin and Brax nodded.
"Leave it to us!" Brin shouted winking at me and giving me a thumbs-up.
I laughed. I sent up a silent prayer to the Creator, thanking him for such good friends.

An hour found us sitting around the table discussing what we were going to do next and how we were going to do it.
Brinlynn couldn't seem to get over the fact that Kylun was real and not a ghost, I saw her constantly watch him like a hawk. It was really funny.
"Brin. He's not going to disappear." I whispered. Kylun glanced at us out of the corner of his eye.
"Oh yeah? how do you know?" She whispered back.
Just to freak her out, Kylun had the shadows consume him, so technically speaking, he had "disappeared."
Brinlynn gripped my arm and  pointed.
"See? see? What did I tell ya?! He's a ghost for sure."
"Boo!" Kylun appeared right next to her. He placed his hands over her eyes and she let out a shriek, while everyone was over here laughing.
"Alright Kylun. That's enough." I said.
He glanced at me with a smile and dropped his hands.
"No. I'm not a ghost Brinlynn. I really am real, I just never died to begin with." He explained.
Brin slapped his arm playfully, yet with a 'mom' expression.
"well you could have just told me that! You didn't have to go around scaring me."
Kylun got a strait face and made a slight bow.
"My apologizes."
Brin cocked an eyebrow as he sat down.
"Well at least he has manners." Brin muttered, but I saw that grin of his.
Oh Kylun.

"Well we need to figure out what Valadamir's up to. But how do we do that?" I asked.
"Hey!" Quorra exclaimed snapping her fingers. "How about we bug him?"
"Huh?"
She dug into a pouch of hers and pulled out something that was teeny tiny.
"This is a bug. When placed on someone you can track them. This one I built-"
"You built it?! Out of scratch?!" I asked. She nodded.
"Well sure. I can build pretty much anything if I've got the parts." My jaw was still hanging open. "Well anyway, this one picks up audio and picture. So all you have to do is put it on his clothes, and volá!"
We all stared at the little bug.
"This might actually work. If we bugged him then maybe we could figure out what he's doing." Savrin said. I nodded.
"Now.... to get it on him." Kylun said quietly.
Now we were all stumped.
Brinlynn sighed.
"Like I said. Leave that up to me. I'll get it on him one way or another." She said with a determined face.
I smiled.
"I knew I had made a good choice."
Brin looked at me and flicked her long black hair over her shoulder.
"Of course you can count on me! Who else would you rely on that'll do the things I do for you?"
"Me!!" Quorra exclaimed, pounding her fist on to the table.
"Oh, well yes ok so now you have two best friends that at your beck and call." Brin covered.
I smiled.
"But not just two." I said quietly, looking around the table. "I have a whole bunch."
They all smiled back at me, well ha most of them. Can't blame Braxlin, though he did have a small smile on his face so maybe.... haha just maybe.

                                                                                                          F

"My freedom.

I will stay by you
through the
night

Decide your
fate
believe in your
vision
Don't let life
wait

My freedom

I will hold
your hand
with all my
love

Have faith in
me
Embrace your
new freedom.
You hold the
Key.

Decide
Believe
My vision
My freedom."
I laughed after I finished singing the song.
"What?" Quorra asked.
"It's just... ironic. The song I mean." I said quietly. We were outside in the streets of Konsor.
With my new clothes, and a jacket with a hood added to it, no one knew I was a Shieven, let alone Zaydie.
"How's that?" Quorra asked. She swung her arms around as we wove in and out of people.
"Well I think of one person in specific when I sing that song. And it reflects his life so much it's just... ironic."
"Oh?" Quorra asked with a teasing smile. she swung an arm around my neck.
"And does this person in question happen to wear complete black? and is always the trickster and follows you around no matter where you go?"
I smiled at my sister.
"You know to much for your own good. But yes your right. But come on, if you think about it, it is a little funny."
Quorra nodded and started to swinging her arms around again.
"Yeah. I guess it is. Him being the Key and all. But I wonder how? I mean to me, at the moment, he seems more trouble then he's worth. But what do I know? I'm not the one falling for him."
My jaw dropped and I smacked her.
"I am not falling for him! we're just friends that's all."
Quorra gave me a teasing smile.
"What ever you say."
I groaned. I forgot how annoying sisters could be.
"But anyways back to the song. Your right, it is a little odd." she stated.
"Seeing as he's a prisoner to himself. It's probably hard for him to imagine that he'll have freedom. And I feel sorry for him. He's... I don't know." I clasped my hands be hind my back.
"He's what?"
"He's... he's just so dark sometimes... I wonder if I can reach him. With light I mean. It's hard to see someone so down and depressed all the time, but I can understand why he doesn't smile very much. He doesn't have much to smile about."
Quorra was quiet for a moment. Which struck me as odd, seeing as she almost never stops talking. Even in her sleep she talks!!
"Maybe that's one of the reasons you are the Closed Rose. Even though it means that your waiting for someone or something, that doesn't mean you can help a friend. So maybe you're suppose to help him see the light. Maybe that's why the Creator choose the three of you. The most unlikeliest people in the world I mean think about it!
A butcher, a ghost, and a hunter. Haha." I rolled my eyes and ducked into a shop.

Quorra decided that I needed to get out, so with the help of a deep hood and a long trench coat, the boys finally said I could go.
 So long as we didn't attract attention.
Yeah right, we'll see how long that lasts.

Inside a small bakery, we ordered cherry tea, with chocolate covered pastries.
Sitting outside on a bench we enjoyed them.
"The weather's getting warmer! I sense summer coming! After such a cold spring I sure hope this summer is hot." Quorra said with chocolate all over her mouth.
I laughed and handed her a napkin.
"Me too! I love wearing tank-tops but most of the time I can't because it's to cold."
She nodded in agreement.
"I know what you mean. I finally decided that it was hot enough to pull out my shorts, I'm not putting them back any time soon."
I smiled and glanced at her outfit.
Quorra always made a statement with her clothes. She had green and black stripped armbands  near her shoulders, and then she had these elbow-pad things that I have no idea what the use of them would be except to be "cool".
Today she had to were a dark blue trench coat that zipped so she could hide her pistols.
I wore one too, only mine was more girly. It was light pink at the top, then gradually turned green at the end. And it was decorated by white roses.
So yes, my sister and I had very different dressing styles. Which was fine with me because that way we could be our own person and not have to worry about the other, or what was cool, or in style. We didn't care.
Never have never will.
So there we were, sipping on nice hot tea, eating the most delicious pastries. When all of a sudden! people started running past us screaming their heads off.
"It's a harpy! it's a harpy!! Someone help us!!" They screamed.
With one glance at my sister, we dropped our food and drinks, and started to run the opposite way towards the harpy.

We met it in the main square. The thing was huge!!
And the scary thing was... was that it looked exactly like the first harpy we fought in the "game".
The head of a lion, the body of a turtle, and the tail of the behemoth!
"Ooh wow..." Quorra said quietly.
I turned to the people still in the square.
"Get out! Run! Now!! Hurry while you still can!!" We started to get people out, and once they all were, Quorra and I turned our attention to the harpy on the streets.
"Man are the boys going to kill us." She said.
I nodded.
"But we can't just leave it here."
She shook her head.
"Nope your right. Well It looks like we have some harpy butt to kick. Lets do it!" She unzipped the front of her trench coat and pulled out her pistols. My trench coat was already unzipped so I just pulled out my ureci.
"Quorra, this thing is huge. and it's back armor is too tough. Go for the underbelly." I instructed.
"I take it you've fought this thing before." She stated.
I nodded.
"Yup. I'm the one that killed it the first time."
"Oh. So now it's out for revenge huh?"
I gave her a side-ways glance.
"I guess so."
"Well then let's show him who's boss!"
I shook my head as she ran up to the harpy.
Following closely behind her, we both jumped up and attacked it.
This time what she said must have been true. Because the harpy had his eye set on me!

Quorra had become quiet the fighter! She jumped right up to the harpy and was now weaving in and out, dodging his gaping teeth.
She then took her guns and shot it in the eye!
The harpy yelled and swiped her with his paw. She landed in the concrete so hard that it cracked. I yelled and charged.
"No one," I said slashing at his other eye.
"brings down," I took down his one eye while trying to refrain from using any of my powers.
"My sister." I plunged both ureci into it's eye and the beast fell to the ground.
Falling down with it, I found that it still wasn't dead.
I sliced it's throat and it disintegrated.
sheathing my ureci I raced over to Quorra.
"Quorra? Quorra!" She got up and shook the dirt off her shirt and shorts.
"I'm good. Now come on sense I'm sure we just blew cover or something, we need to get out of here." She said I nodded and we ran down the streets just as we started to hear people trying to find out who killed the harpy.
Thank you Creator for getting us out of another tight spot. I prayed.

"You did what?!?!" everyone yelled at us.
I rubbed my arm and tapped my toe nervously.
"Well we couldn't just let it roam around the city doing who knows what!" Quorra shouted in her defense.
"You can't just go around killing stuff!" Savrin complained.
"And why not?! would it have been better just to leave it there? and let it do what ever it want's?" she asked.
"No! Obviously not! that is not what I'm saying-"
"Well that's all we could do thank you very much!"
I sighed and plopped down onto the couch in a big heap.
"This is insane." I mumbled.
"Is it to much to ask for peace and quiet every once and a while." Kylun muttered as he watched the spectacle between Quorra and Savrin, with his hands behind his head.
He seemed to like that position.
Ah well. Who cares?
I started humming 'My Freedom' again.

Brinlynn sat down next to me.
"Are they always like this?" She asked. I shrugged.
"Dunno. She's only been back a day... but I have a feeling that this might be the real picture." I answered, crossing my arms over my chest.
"Oh this'll be a while. I'm bored, I'm going to go read." I said jumping up from the couch and ran over to the table where someone had dumped all of the books I had taken from the library.
Pulling out the one Aarek wrote I sat down with it and started to loose myself to his world.

"Yoo-whoo... Earth to Zaydie come in Zaydie."
I looked up from my book and saw that everyone was looking at me. I quickly glanced down and found nothing off about my outfit.
"What?"
Savrin laughed.
"You were like in another world. You didn't hear us the first three times we tried to get your attention." He said turning and placing a hand on his hip.
I gently put the blue bookmark between the pages and closed the book.
"Well I'm listening now." I said, looking up at all of them.
"Well duh." Kylun stated. I stuck my tongue out at him. But ignored him for the most part.
"What was the question?" I asked.
"What are we having for dinner?"
I looked at them.
"Really? Really?! I mean come on, you guys couldn't make that decision with out me?! What'll happen to you guys if I go away or something. Your gonna be like lost puppies in a big world that don't know nothin'!" I muttered.
"Hey we are not lost puppies!" Kylun exclaimed.
I laughed.
"Tell me that when you have proof." I retorted with a smile.
He shook his head and tossed his hands above him.

I sighed and slipped off the cozy chair. Taking my trench coat off because it was to hot in the room to wear it anymore, I slung it over the chair's back and stepped into the kitchen.
Inside I pulled myself onto the counter and bit into an apple.
The rest of the gang followed me into there and just watched me as I swung my legs back and forth like a little kid.
"I take it then it's 'everyone's-on-his-own'?" Quorra asked. I nodded.
"Feel free to eat at any time." I said with a charming smile.
They all groaned.
Maybe I baby them to much.
I chuckled as I took another bite into my apple.
But it was weird, because as I did it was like I had ripped my head open... or something like that. I got another massive, [and I do mean massive] headache.
I dropped the apple and I think I fell of the counter because I hit my head pretty hard.
"Zaydie!"
then I was consumed in shadows.

"Zaydie."
I looked around. But I couldn't see who was talking... I couldn't see anything!
My heart started to pound, and my breathing quickened. I didn't like the dark.
I hated the dark! I always have! It was too scary! I never knew what was in it. I couldn't even see my own hand in front of my face!
"Zaydie you need to look for the light."
I kept looking around. Twisting my body this way and that. I found that I wasn't lying down, or sitting up, or standing. I was just... floating.
"What light? This place is completely dark!" I said to the darkness.
"There's always a light Zaydie. Always a shred of hope if you look deep enough." The voice was fading. Like it was at the tip of my fingers, only it was slipping.
"Look deep enough into what?!" I asked desperately. "Creator what am I suppose to do?!" I shouted.
"Zaydie.... look.... into your heart. And into the hearts of others. There is always hope. Always light so long as you hold Me close... Promise me you won't slip away."
"...I promise."
Then I fell into oblivion again.

I awoke with a start.
My breathing was heavy and a cold sweat ran down my back. I pushed my hair away from my forehead and glanced around.
I was back on Kylun's bed, in Kylun's room.
Man that sure was a weird thought.

The room was dark. Just like my dream had been. But this time, drawing in with in myself, with in my own heart. I saw a light.
One that I hadn't know was there before.
I smiled. No. I wasn't afraid of the dark any more.
Darkness was just the absence of light.
And I had the light in the palm of my hand.
Literally.
Opening my hand the blue bead of light illuminated the room. Making it grow bigger it washed the entire room in a blue light. Obliterating any shadow, any darkness, any fear.
Yes... If I held on to the Creator through anything that happened then I'd be ok!
I'd make it through.

I smiled and closed my palm. Jumping up from the bed I rushed out the door.
Opening it quietly I looked out into the room.
But no one was there.
"Savrin? Quorra?... Kylun?" I got no answer. "where is everyone?"
"Well someone's finally up."
I spun around and found Braxlin leaning against the door. He shook his head sending his brown hair into his silver eyes.
"How long was I out this time?"
"A while."
I cocked an eyebrow.
"How long is awhile?"
He looked at me.
"eh, 24 hours."
My jaw dropped.
"I've been out a whole day?!"
He shrugged and pushed himself off the wall.
I shook my head rubbed my forehead.
"Ok so where's everyone else?"
"Their out saving the city from who knows what. Leaving me to baby-sit." He sighed.
"Oh yeah sure 'cause a sleeping girl is hard to baby-sit!" I remarked. He shrugged.
I shook my head again and dashed to the door.
"Where you going?" I turned.
"To go bail my friends out of trouble. Ha! Because I'm sure they need it." I said with a laugh.
He shook his head.
"He was right. You do have a lot of spunk."
I laughed and ran out the door. I guess I do, though I never thought about it.

Running with a trench coat on when it was getting hot wasn't really the best thing to do, but what can I say? The coat was growing on me.
Haha.

Jumping over scattering people I flew over their heads because it was the easiest thing to do. I finally came back down and had to weave my way through a group of screaming kids.
Pushing my way through I finally was able to get somewhere.
But where?
I'm not sure. But I knew it was where I was suppose to be, because I was hearing lots of yelling.
Skidding around a corner, I looked up and saw that the harpy was as big as the buildings!!

I could see small dots flying around it's massive head, then hearing gun shots I knew who it was.
Looking around, I scaled up the closest building to the roof top.
Gripping the edge of it with my hand I flung my feet over my head and landed facing the way I had just come.
Jumping from one roof to the next I gradually got closer.
The closer I got, the better I could see the people fighting.
I was surprised when they had left Braxlin behind, because I could see Brinlynn fighting as well.

Jumping off the last roof I flew out to join the rest of the gang.
I zipped past them all, and started to fight the harpy.
This one was large [obviously] and it looked like something you find in a little kids book. It had scales all over and it had a helmet! [I mean what harpy is smart enough to have a helmet?!]
Scanning the beast I couldn't find a weak spot.
This thing has to have one!
I spun around trying to dodge it's massive claws, I heard something rip and glanced down, it was the top of my trench coat...no... there was blood.
Dang it.
I flipped away and backed up.
"Zaydie! Where'd you come from?" Quorra asked coming up beside me. "Ah! Oh no!! your bleeding!! Ah! Are you ok?! Should I get help?! What should I do, what should I do?!" She put her hands to her head hard, only she forgot she was holding pistols and she hit herself with them.
"Ouch." she muttered.
"It's fine. It's just a scratch. Calm down." I said.
"What the heck are you doing here?!" I turned to see Kylun coming up beside me.
"Nice to see you to." I muttered. "and what does it look like I'm doing? I savin' your butts." He shot me a glare.
"Well so far, your the only one bleeding. Real smart job you're doing."
"Well hey at least I'm doing something."
"Zaydie! You need to take care of that cut! It looks bad." I waved off Brinlynn's concern.
"Don't worry about me. It'll take a lot to bring me down." I said.
"Zaydie your gonna kill yourself one of these days." Savrin mumbled.
I laughed.
"Yeah that'll be the day." I turned to the harpy. "But back to the matter at hand! Any idea how to kill it?"
"Any ideas on how it got here?!" Sav asked. I waved my hand.
"Kill now, questions later." I stated as we scattered.
"I like that saying. Let's do this!" Kylun yelled.
Together the five of us charged the harpy. Slashing and shooting as one, we fought the harpy with all we had.

Though I can't say it worked to well.
We couldn't find the thing's week spot and we were loosing badly.
Jumping away we looked at each other, some were hurt badly so I flew over and healed them. I did my best to conceal the light that came off my fingers, but I'm not sure how well that worked.
"What are we going to do? what are we going to do?!" Quorra exclaimed, shaking her head.
I looked at her with a sad expression as I patched Savrin’s arm up.
“I don’t know. Oh how I wish someone was here to tell us what we were doing wrong!”
Then a light appeared in front of us and before we knew it, a little five-year-old blond headed girl was standing in front of us.
“Tasin!” Savrin, Kylun, and I shouted.
She looked at all of us and shook her head, making her pigtails dance.
“These weapons will never do! You will have a lot of fighting to do and these won’t get you anywhere.”
We all looked at each other. Then down to our weapons.
“But we don’t have any other weapons.” I said. She sighed and hung her head.
“Alright, I’ll help you this one time. And then latter I will give you all suitable weapons for what you are going to have to fight in the near future.” She said. I smiled.
“Thank you Tasin. We owe you.” Savrin said.
“Yes you do.” She then turned to the harpy.

The rest of us pushed ourselves in the air a little ways off. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but who knew from one of the Creatures?
She looked so vulnerable up there against the large harpy. So... tiny.

She turned to the monster and made a sweeping motion with her hand. On the beast’s neck, It looked like she had just cut it open. Through scales and all!! only she hadn’t touched him.
She turned back to us a soon as it was down.
We floated back down to the ground, and I spun around to hear people yelling, then I heard footsteps fast approaching.
“Hurry! Get out of here! Kylun you know what to do. I will met you all back in your training room.” Then with a poof she was gone, leaving wisps of light behind.
We all formed a circle and held each other’s hands.
I held Kylun’s and Quorra’s.
“This is going to hurt!” He yelled over the shouts of the Scouts.
I gripped Kylun’s hand hard as pain seeped through my body as he tried to teleport us. But nothing happened.
“What’s wrong?!” I asked.
He looked at me with fear.
“I don’t have enough Power yet. I’ve never had to teleport this many people before.”
I turned to Savrin.
“We have to help! If we don’t get out soon those Scouts will have us all in handcuffs or worse!”
“But how?” They both asked.
I wasn’t quite sure.... but I had a hunch.
“We have to open up our hearts. That way we can give Kylun more Power.” Savrin nodded, and I turned to Kylun. “You have to open up yours as well Kylun.”
He shook his head with a scared look.
“I can’t.... He’ll get out.”
I shook my head.
“No he won’t. Savrin and I will hold him back, you just have to get us back to the dungeons!”
I looked over my shoulder and heard that the shouts were getting louder and closer.
“Now!” I shouted.
The three of us closed our eyes and I concentrated on opening up the light in my heart.
Through that I felt the warmness of the Creator on me.
As I opened my heart to everything around me, I could see so many things at once.
I could see Savrin’s heart [well it was more like a light then an actual heart] His light was very big, and it just reminded me that Savrin always had such a big heart and that he always shared it.
When I looked at Kylun’s most of his... was black. But as I looked closely I saw a shred of light. That one shred of hope was all I needed.
I pushed my own light at Kylun, just as Savrin was doing.
Slowly, as we did, Kylun’s shred of light grew bigger.
But that’s when he came out.
“What are you doing?” He asked. I could tell he was afraid. I could feel his fear.
“We’re giving Kylun his light.” I answered.
“Haven’t I told you?! Kylun doesn’t have light so long as he has me!”
I smiled as I watched the light in Kylun’s heart start to overwhelm the darkness in him.
“The darkness will never truly be gone!” Havrin yelled looking desperately around.
“No... but so long as there is a light, even if it’s just a slimmer, then it’ll conquer all darkness.” I answered.

Just then as Savrin and I kept Havrin at bay, Kylun must have gotten enough Power, because I was shocked by electricity, though it didn’t hurt. Just tingled.
After a moment and the tingling had stopped, I closed my heart back up and collapsed.
Someone caught me, and when I opened my eyes I noticed I wasn’t the only one on the ground. Kylun and Savrin were too.
Quorra had caught me from hitting my head, Brin had caught Kylun and Brax had Savrin.
“What happened? What did you do? How did we get here?” Quorra asked.
I groaned and shook my head, trying to get rid of the dizziness.
“They opened up their hearts to each other.”
I looked up and saw Tasin standing over me with a concerned look.
She handed me a glass of water.
“Sure did take a number on you didn’t it?” She asked with a smile.
I nodded and took a sip.
Quorra looked up at Tasin.
“Who are you?”
“Tasin is a Creature from Paradise.” I explained.
“Do all Creature’s look like five-year-olds?”
I slapped her.
“No. This was just the form she chose to appear in.”
“Ooh... ok so I got that, but I don’t got how we got here, and why did they open their hearts up to begin with when all they would do was collapse on the floor?!”
“Oh... some grateful person you are.” Kylun moaned, sitting up.
“They opened their hearts in order to get you here. They opened up their hearts so Kylun would have enough Power to teleport you all here. He doesn’t have enough strength still to teleport more then two people at a time.” Tasin explained, looking over her shoulder at Kylun. He rubbed his head and looked up at her.
“So Zaydie and Savrin had to lend him some of their own Powers in order to save you two from the Scouts.” She finished standing up strait she looked at the ring of friends.
“Good job you two. Quick thinking. But beware, open your hearts to much or to often, the enemy could take over them and consume them in darkness.
Your hearts are full of light! And that is a threat to your enemies. So don’t pull that stunt too often alright?” The three of us nodded.
“Ooh... well that doesn’t sound good.” Quorra said, biting on her thumb nail.
“Zaydie, you need to take care of your back.” Tasin reminded.
“Oh yeah!”
Sitting up, I concentrated on the area on my back that was throbbing. Letting my Power wash over it, the skin mended it’s self.
“What did you just do? oh would someone tell me what’s going on already I’m so confused!” Quorra exclaimed.
I took off my trench coat and let her look at my back.
“Whoa!! there’s not even a scar!!” She shook her head. “You’ve got to be kidding me. Why couldn’t you have this several years earlier?!” I laughed.
 “Well now that that’s taken care of, would you all mind coming into your simulation chamber?” Tasin asked gesturing to the chamber.
I nodded and pulled myself up to my feet.
“Well come on then.” I encouraged. My five friends got up and followed me to the simulation chamber.
I programmed it for a meadow near the ocean.
“a meadow? near the ocean?! really?!” Kylun asked peaking over my shoulder. I rammed him in the rib cage with my elbow.
“I’ve never seen the ocean before.”
He looked at me in disbelief. I shrugged and we all pilled into the chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment